Monday, April 2, 2007

Fabulous weekend

On Friday, my grumpy husband departed for his fishing trip in the morning and then that evening my mom arrived like a breath of fresh air! It was a quick trip. My mom never wants to be away from her husband too long...it will be 10 years of marriage for them this June and they are still like a couple of newlyweds. I told her I think it's because they never had children together. Children alone can suck the romance out of a relationship if your not careful! I love my kids but I don't want them to be more important than Jeff. They will grow up and move away and forget to call me. But it will be ok because I will always have my best friend. He's good for other stuff too...bow-chicka-bow-wow! Oh and Jeff has already promised me that he will withhold money from the kids when they are in college if they forget to call me. :)

OK, sorry for that tangent!

My mom and I spent the weekend doing things that she and I love to do together. We went out to eat a lot (something my grumpy ass hubby never will do), we spent all day Saturday shopping at Ikea. By all day, I mean we ate breakfast, we shopped, Kimmy-girl played, we shopped some more and then we had lunch. As a result of our shopping we got to come home and do our third favorite thing together...DECORATE! My guest room has been transformed from a hodge-podge of ugly bedding, no curtains and lots of paper clutter. Oh, and crayon colored walls from my little left handed dude. Now it feels like my favorite style...the modern traditionalist. Sometimes called 'Transitional". Anyway, who cares what it's called...it's a peaceful place for my guests to retreat to...or for me to retreat to when the kids get too loud.

We tucked the kids in and stayed up late drinking coffee and talking. My mom always seems to have the answer for everything. She never 'fixes' my problems for me but she always gives me so much clarity. She is proud of me. She sees all that I do and gives me credit for having an unending supply of energy. I tell her my secret is coffee. :)

She left yesterday evening and a few hours after that my very refreshed husband came home to a very refreshed wife. I didn't miss him while he was gone because he has been so crusty lately. Now he's sweet at pie and I can't wait for him to get home from work.

OK, my kids are fighting...I think Kimmy is trying to pull her brother down the stairs by his ankles...I'm out!

1 comment:

PigeonHole said...

Yah! For fun weekend! i can't believe it's been 10-years since your mom and dave got married. That makes me feel old...LOL

Post a Comment