Friday, April 27, 2007

vacation is all I ever wanted...

The countdown begins for my little getaway. I have pretty much crashed Jeff's fishing trip to Illinois. At first it was going to be Jeff and his friends and they were all so excited but then one by one they all said they couldn't go. Everyone is busy getting married, having kids, climbing the career ladder etc.

This means that I have Jeff second guessing going to his Musky fishing honey pot in Illinois because he knows I will be bored...then I will get pissed off...then I wont have sex with him...actually that last part is a lie. :) But I know I will start complaining because I really don't like to fish. At least not for 15 hours straight. And if Mama aint happy, aint nobody happy. We were talking last night and he said that he is up for finding another place to go. I've been googling all the cities on my Rand-McNally Atlas that are within about a 10 hours drive from us that have good fishing. And a place where we can do something other than fish. I'm thinking Memphis (he can fish the mighty Mississippi and then we can go to Graceland), Biloxi (Imagine mini Las Vegas with deep sea fishing charters), or South Padre Island (crystal clear water, parasailing, fishing). I vote Padre! Honestly I really don't care where we go. I just want to go. I want to be able to dance a jig and sing, "I got no strings on me!". No noses (or butts) to wipe, no laundry to do, no house or yard to take care of. Just me and my best friend and the open road.

**EDIT**
yippee! I just talked to him and he said, "Oh...2 guys (that live in Illinois) wanted to make sure I was still coming out there to Musky fish."

Then I said something that sounded like, "Whine whine whine, I want to parasail, whine whine whine, we will have so much more fun, whine whine whine," and he said

"OK if it makes you happy. And if we can fish 2 of the days that we are there."

Then I countered with, "One 4 hour deep sea trip and then the other day we can fish off the pier."

Deal!

My heart wants to explode with happiness! I can't even begin to explain how much I need this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment