Thursday, April 19, 2007

I'm big time now

My house is finally on mapquest! Well, the streetname is incorrect so you can't look up my address, but if you know where to look you can definitely see it! The aerial pic must have been taken before we moved in because the driveway had still not been poured but regardless (or irregardless a la our retarded president) I am still excited to see our home on the map. I'm surprised that my car wasn't parked on the street in front of our house because I was literally there every day during construction. I was obsessed with my house. I still am. Well, a little less so because I am sick of cleaning it over and over and over and over and over and over again. I love that I can do whatever I want to it. Pink stripes in the powder room? Sure why not? My bathroom is sickeningly sweet now but I like it. Jeff just smiles and nods. Smart man.

I spent the day at the DMV. Well, I cheated actually. I got there at 10:30 and they were on #44. I pulled a number (#88) and then left and took the kids to McDonalds. I went back at 11:30 and they were only on #62. I loaded the kids back up and ran home for something and when I got back there at 12:15 they were on #92. Eek! I missed it. I went up to the desk anyway and played dumb and they went ahead and let me get my Texas liscense. While I was waiting though I made a new friend. I have been really lazy about meeting new people since all my friends are my neighbors. I used to always be on the lookout for potential playdates and stuff but now I don't even think about it anymore. We were chit chatting and she gave me her phone number. :) I remember how lonely I was when I used to hand out my number to virtual strangers so I am going to make sure that I call her. Probably tomorrow. I liked her a lot. We talked about her fake purse and how much we love Target. Oh and she was sneaking in with #77 and she said 'If they don't let me then I will just sit here and let them listen to my baby scream for the next 30 minutes!' LOL at the thought of torturing a crappy government worker with a screaming baby...she might turn out to be a good friend. :)

Oh and after I got my new drivers liscense the lady behind the counter said, "Congratulations! Your an official Texan now!" Like it was the best thing in the world. I'm telling you the Texas pride here is something to behold!

No comments:

Post a Comment