Friday, March 30, 2007

Exciting news!!!

Well...exciting news to a bored housewife anyway.

Our solar screens were installed today. The majority (17) of our windows have west exposure and it is unbareably hot in the evenings. I totally feel a noticable difference in the temperature of my house now. Last year we had a $500 electric bill (this is with me keeping the thermostat at 78!!!! And suffering and sweating every day from 3:00pm 'till 7:00pm) and I will be damned if that happens again.

I have been having migraines lately too that seem to be induced by bright or fluorescent lights. I hate lazyness but I have even been napping in the afternoons when it is really bright in my house. In the midst of my headaches it feels like my choices to make my headache go away are either take a nap or figure out a way to remove my head from the rest of my body. I think a nap is a better choice, no?

I am sacricifing some visibility and on an overcast day like today some people (like my husband) might think that it's a little too shady but I lovelovelove it.

More exciting news is that I went to Kimberly's kindergarten orientation last night. The school is really close so I walked over with Bung Chow and Dr. N. (hahaha...Patty, you have the best nickname! It makes me miss my funny hubby.). We moved to this neighborhood because of the exemplary schools and last night when the Principal of the school stood up and said, "Welcome parents! Your kids are going to the best school on the planet!", it suddenly made the 3.77% property tax finally seem worth it. Because let me tell you...it's a stretch for us! She also assured us that in her 8 years of being a principal that she has never once lost a student. **whew**

She also started her speech by saying that the number one thing we should do is enjoy our kids. She said, "You've had your baby with you for 5 years now and I'm sure it seems like it went by really fast. Just think...in 6 more years they will be starting middle school."

This is the part where I cried. Then Patty cried. Awww, we're a bunch of saps. I will tell you this though, I'm so glad that Kimberly will have Patty's son to start school with. Even though her journey to public school is something she will have to brave independantly from me, at least she will have her best little boy friend with her. As in friend that's a boy. Even though she says she's gonna marry him. Oy vay!

No comments:

Post a Comment