Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Days like this...

...when I'm padding around the house while Kimmy-girl is at school and Kennen is sleeping, make me wonder why I bother being a stay at home mom anymore. I'm bored. There are only so many times I can wipe down my clean counter tops before I realize that I'm not really needed at home anymore (there is always the laundry monster to tackle but I don't really want to do that...ever!). My babies are growing into great little kids and next fall when I put Kim on the bus that will take her to kindergarten I will officially be in the next 'stage' of parenting. No more sleepless nights, no more babies wanting to nurse all day long, no more double strollers. Kennen sort of resembles a baby...he doesn't talk much and he still craps his pants but he is 35 pounds of running, jumping, throwing things at my head, 100% adorable boy.

Kimberly makes life much easier now. We were running late for preschool this morning and I heard her go into the garage and open the car door and convince Kennen to get into his carseat. By the time I poured a to go cuppa joe and found my car keys Kimberly had him buckled in his 5 point harness and buckled herself into the booster seat. I hadn't done her hair yet so I brought a brush with me and put in some quick ponytails and smelled her minty fresh breath. "Did you brush your teeth too?" I hadn't even reminded her. Such a good girl. She is so big until bedtime. Last night she kept staring at me through the banister saying that she was scared of the night. At first I was understanding and said that it's ok, the world is a ball and there can only be light on one side at a time and it's China's turn right now...go to bed. "I'm scared..." Then I lost my patience and yelled, "Get in bed before I give you something to be scared about!" Then she went running.

Anyway, I have loved being with the babies but it's time for a change. I'm looking for ideas for what to do with my life now. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Jeff wants me to do home daycare...um no thanks! I could be a nurse, I could do hair, I could just go to a temp agency and take what they give me. I just don't know...

Give me some ideas people...what do you want to be when you grow up?

2 comments:

PigeonHole said...

What are you passionate about and love doing? Find something in that area. That way you do something you love and fill fulfilled.

MommyStamper said...

I like your hair idea! You are soo stylish and love all things make up and hair. I think you would enjoy that, and....when you need that guinea pig for class to try new things on, I am here for you:)

Post a Comment