Tuesday, April 3, 2007

sweet relief

Target (pronounced tar-shay) optical called and said that my glasses were in! Woo hoo! I have been having migraines and my Dr. ordered me to get an MRI and to get my eyes checked. Um, yeah...the way our insurance works is that I would have to shell out $2000+ for the MRI. I would then meet my annual deductible and not have to pay anything else the rest of the year but 2 grand is 2 grand. I decided to try to fix my eyes first.

When I went to the optometrist there was one point during the exam that she asked me to read the lowest line of letters in the yellow box.

"Um, there are 2 yellow boxes"

"Really? OK, tell me when the 2 boxes line up." I could hear her spinning a dial. "Are they close yet?

"No...not even halfway there."

She spun the dial a little faster, "Ok...tell me when, " *spinspinspinspin*

She finally got both of my eyes reading the same box and we finished up the exam. She told me that I have one near sighted eye and one far sighted eye (I knew that!). She also told me that my left eye was the 'leader' and my right eye didn't focus on much but still had good peripheral vision. Here's the kicker. She told me that I probably always see double but my brain interperets what I see as one. She said that could definitely cause major headaches...especially if my vision recently got worse.

Yesterday, as soon as I put them on I swear I felt my brain relax. I am supposed to wear them all the time which I am ok with. She wont give me contacts until my headaches go away. I feel like a big dork but I am finally at a point in my life where I would rather feel good than look good. Look out Jeff...I'm about to start letting myself go! :)

p.s. I haven't had a headache since i put them on! Hmmm...it makes me think that I have been the grumpy one lately and not Jeff...shhhhh don't tell him!

No comments:

Post a Comment