Saturday, April 14, 2007

My nieces...

Jeff's sister had her baby recently and the baby got sick and had to spend a night in the hospital. :( She is better now but OMG! I can't imagine anything worse than not being in control of the health of your child. Then, my brothers wife just had a cerclage (how do you spell that???!!!??? it's a stich in your cervix to keep you from dialating and effacing) put in because she is still 20 weeks and she has started to dialate. All is well with both of them now from what I have heard recently but please pray for them if you do that sort of thing.

I just re-read my last post and I am such a whiny ass. I'm complaining of not feeling personal fulfilment with the tedium of being a stay at home mom and my nieces are struggling to be sturdy healthy little girls. If there is a God maybe this is his way of bitch slapping some sense into me. I'm still going to look into going back to school/work in August because I think a better Stella will be a better Mom but I'm going to love my babies a little more (whoa..I didn't think that was possible!!). I am thankful for little things like my son learning more little words but he still says 'Mama' way more than anything else, and for my daughter for curling her big girl body up in my lap last night and falling asleep with me. I'm just going to try to live in the moment more instead of always looking for my more exciting future. Shame on me

Aaaaaanyway...last night was fun. We had a surprise birthday party for Mr. Clay (our neighbor) and we cooked a bunch of cajun food. I love spicy food but I'm still getting used to the whole cajun thing. Carne Asada burrito ? Yes please (oh what I would do for a burrito from Filibertos in Phx!)! Crawfish boudain? Um...not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment