Monday, January 28, 2008

Kimmy-girl

I met Kimberly off the school bus today and as we were walking home she said, "My tooth is still in my mouth...I haven't lost it yet."

I exclaimed, "Do you have a loose tooth?"

"Yeah!" The way she said was like 'Mom...this news is like soooooo 4 hours ago!'

I started shrieking and clapping and crying and I guess my enthusiasm was infectious because this big ear to ear grin started to spread across her face. She proudly showed me her teensy tiny wiggly baby tooth (lower right incisor. well, are incisors on the bottom of your mouth too?). She called Daddy and when he answered the phone she said, "Daddy I have something really exciting to tell you...my tooth is loose!" After talking to him for a few minutes, she also called the grandparents on both sides and Miss Patty.

sniff. My baby's losing her baby teeth. This is just another indicator that she is growing up as she should. It is bittersweet. I'm so proud of her for this young lady that she is growing into. whaaaaa!

Okay, onto important business. What is the going rate for teeth these days? We are already talking about the tooth fairy. Kimberly thinks that she is too small to open an envelope, so we need to find something else to put the tooth in when it comes out. She also wanted to know if the tooth fairy is watching her. LOL at the thought of my daughter mentally guarding her loose tooth from a little stalking tooth swiping fairy! Do you think that it should be a dollar for the first tooth, two dollars for the second tooth etc? That might get confusing. Also, I probably got around a dollar per tooth when I was little. With inflation what would that amount to these days? Any ideas would be appreciated!

5 comments:

tara said...

the tooth fairy gave Sloane $5.00 and a James Avery silver tooth fairy charm.
Chance just got $5.00 for the first tooth.
Then she leaves $1.00 for each tooth after that.

Anonymous said...

Well, I only got .50 for the first and the most I got was $1 in quarters.

Kempy

Anonymous said...

It actually depends on what we have in our wallets! $1 is about right. Look at the Hallmark store or any kids store and they will have "tooth pillows" - its a cute little thing you hang on the door, the dresser or even put under the pillow that has a little pocket to keep the tooth safe :)

Daria Brown
Katy, TX
(Kempy's friend) and avid reader of your blog :)

Genevieve said...

Haha! I got a dollar or 2 for mine. When my brother was fifteen he had to have 6 teeth taken out and extorted our parents out of some ridiculous amount due to 'inflation'. Even though they'd already paid for the surgery he was so grumpy and hard to live with they paid him to shut up.

So don't let your little one in on inflation yet- she seems like a smart cookie, and will probably have you bankrupted pronto!

KBear said...

my tooth always went on my dresser in a folded paper towel just before bed.

and i only got the most a dollar, but that was for molars. the rest, i just got 50 cents...

Post a Comment