Thursday, January 24, 2008

I think I have the flu

Yesterday I had chills and could not get warm. Last night my fever and body aches started. I think I have the flu. My fever is low though so I am assuming that I'm fighting it pretty well. Jeff calls me Typhoid Mary because usually everyone around me will be sick and I will be fine. Not this time apparently. Kennen had a flu shot this year and Kimberly has a pretty strong immune system...damn she better have a strong immune system after I nursed her for 21 months! Oh wait, you know what? She did get a flu shot! I vividly remember having to hold her down while she screamed and tried to fight us off. To those of you with babies that feel terrible every time you need to get the scheduled shots, just remember that it gets worse at they get older. :D

I'm pissed because I never get sick. Damn airplane ride! I was thinking about going and getting some tamiflu but I read that the antivirals will shorten the duration of the flu by only 1 day and that if you are a healthy adult then it really isn't necessary. I'm gonna save my money. Tamiflu is expensive! $114 before insurance and I think my insurance pays like 30% so yeah...I would rather buy a bucket of paint or material to make curtains!

It's all about priorities...

:D

1 comment:

Keikicakes said...

Hope you are feeling better. G has been sick with flu like symptoms too.

Post a Comment