Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year Everybody!

What is it about January 1st that feels so shiny and clean? It's like we get this gift of a fresh start every year. I feel energized and excited about 2008! I am thinking it is going to be a really great year. My resolution? Hmmmm, that is a tough one. I have a lot of things I can change, but I almost am afraid to choose one because I don't want to fuck it up. New years resolutions are notorius for being thrown to the wayside a few weeks into the new year. This is probably the busy season for Gym memberships across the country. Ironically enough, Jeff is about to join the flippin gym. I personally think it is the biggest waste of money since he has a weight set and plenty of jogging trails right in our neighborhood, but whatever. He can make that decision himself.

Speaking of jogging, Jeff and I took advantage of my in-laws watching the kids and we went for a quick run/walk this morning. I now see the value in hiring a nanny. :) Ahhhh, in another life huh? We also went and saw I Am Legend this week, which was friggin awesome! I love my in-laws. There is nobody in the world that loves my kids the way they do. I was talking to them earlier today and I said that they are such a gift to us. I also told them that when Kimberly was little, I used to try to do everything and I didn't accept their help. I didn't want them to think I was a slacker or something. Now though, I jokingly told them that I am just getting in the way if I try and take over while they are enjoying the kids. They laughed because they know it's true...they prefer to watch the kids alone so that they don't have to adhere to Mommy's rules. :)

Last night was off the hook! We went to Patty's and she and Dr. N really outdid themselves. It was the most fun I had in a very long time and it was a great way to start the new year. :) Pictures were taken, but not by me so I will post some after I steal them from different peoples flickr accounts :).

Oh, I guess I need to officially choose my resolution, so I guess it will be...ummmm....Oh, I will get back on the flylady.com system. When I actually followed her steps my house was clean all the time, and my laundry was always done and folded. And I am going to do it right and start with the first step and work my way up so that I don't crash and burn by trying to do too much at once. So there it is. Boring but I feel like a much more peaceful person when I know that there isn't a laundry monster gnashing it's teeth at me.

So what are your resolutions y'all?

2 comments:

~Penny~ said...

Flylady.com? What is this? A website that will tell me when and how to clean my apartment? I am on it!

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Since I can't have a resolution to lose weight I am making one to be more organized and stay on top of the bills, I hate late payments when I am just lazy.

Kempy

Post a Comment