Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I did a very bad thing.

Or maybe a good thing. Or maybe a very very good thing. I went to Target today to exchange my meat thermometer. (Oh crap! Patty, have I given you back your meat thermometer?). Anyway, I had my mil pick one up for me at the store but she got one that I can't leave in the meat while it is cooking so I was going to exchange it.

I was standing in line at customer service and there was a little old lady RETURNING a Wii! I'm assuming that since she is a little old lady that she didn't know that she could sell it on ebay and make some money! I am a well programmed little consumer and I just could not NOT buy that Wii. At first I was thinking I could just sell it on ebay and make some money. Then I looked and I would only make $50-$70 if I turned around and sold it right now. And that would be worth it...except for one thing. I want it. I like it. I'm good at Wii golf. And I scored a 171 on Wii bowling at Kelly's house.

Reason number two is that I told Kim that we cant play Wii until she cleans the living room. Like really cleaned. Put things away. Sweep the floor. Shoes in the closet. Dishes in the dishwasher. And you know what? She did it. My living room is clean, she is sweeping as we speak and Kennen is at the ready with the dust pan.

This is just another lesson in never say never. I've alway hated video games since my brother traumatized me as a child by making me watch him play for hours on end...hoping his Mario would die so my Luigi would get a turn. Oh, and since it's Nintendo they have a Mario Brothers Game!

p.s. I forgot to buy a new meat thermometer.

4 comments:

stamping tx mommy said...

Woo Hoo:)

tara said...

congrats on being at the right and the right time. Welcome to the wii club .That membership includes peace and alone /quiet time for you while your kids have hours of fun and enjoyment:)
Rock on !!!!!!!!!

Sloane said...

Awesome, I love it when stuff like that happens.

Anonymous said...

Crap am I the only one without one in the girlfriends club now? I want one too. Do you think Baby D is too young to play with it right now?

Really, that is the coolest thing ever!!!

Kempy

Post a Comment