Sunday, January 6, 2008

Humble Pie...it's delicious!

Tonight I was walking with a neighbor to go get Kimberly from playing at her friends house. As we were walking she looked at Kennen and commented on how cute he is. This is when I gushed that he was really being a sweet little guy lately and how Kimberly was at a very easy stage too. Normally it seems like they are either both being awful at the same time, or one of the two is stressing me out. But right now, I am just really enjoying both of them.

Um, yeah these are not words I should have spoken. :D At least if there is no wood to knock on.

I sat and chatted with Patty while the kids played outside. Kim started crying her 'devastated because the world is so unfair' cry. I went outside and Kim was bawling because she and a boy both wanted the same truck. Ugh, normally they just figure these things out themselves but she was hysterical so I told her she was too tired to play and that it was time to go. Then I made the mistake of saying it was time for a shower (aka Mommy's new torture device...Kimmy prefers baths) and bed. She we completely batshit crazy! Crying 'I want to play with my friends', and 'It's not dark out, I can't go to sleep yet', and 'I don't want to take a shower'. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Lord please give me strength.

Didn't I just say to my neighbor two minutes ago how easy and pleasant my children were being? Yes humble pie is delicious. She just raised her eyebrow at me and I walked my screaming kindergartener to the door. Ugh, I hate that look. The one that says, "That child needs to be beaten!". Yes, it's okay to beat your kids in Texas apparently. Yee haw.

*I just wanted to add that during all of this chaos, I didn't feel like taking the 60 seconds to put Kennens shoes on. Kennen is all about being orderly and tidy, and when you go outside, you put on your goddamn shoes. Long story short is that I didn't put his shoes on for him and he also screamed the whole way home. Again...Lord give me strength.*

I got her home and showered without loosing my shit. I got her in her jammies and talked to her about the whole ordeal and she apologized for 'Not having dignity for myself and respect for others.' Hee hee ha ha. I love making little kids say big words. It is the small amusement that I had this evening. I got Kennen showered and jammied before I sent them downstairs to eat dinner with Daddy.

After the tag team Mommy to Daddy switch I had to get out of the house. I treated myself to something that nobody in the house is interested in eating...A greek salad, chocolate truffle cake and a bottle of red wine.

I'm calm now. I'm glad I kept my emotions in check. I'm just praying that it will rub off my my Kimmy-girl drama queen. Oh, want to know the best news? School starts in 2 more days! Woo hoo! Yay for structure and discipline that isn't administered by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment