Sunday, January 13, 2008

Shalome!

Yesterday a lady that i met over the summer showed up at my door. Our daughters are in kindergarten together and Kim went to her birthday party a few weeks ago. This woman and I also have little boys that are the same age. I really like her and have wanted to become better friends with her but she is a teacher so our schedules are conflicting.

Anyway, she came over yesterday and my house was a MESS! Gah! She has stopped by unannounced about 4 other times and I have always invited her in but she has always declined saying that she needed to get home. Any of those times would have been a great first impression. But this time, OMG.

Let me set the stage for you. The kids found all their artwork from this school year and it looked like they both grabbed huge stacks and thew them up in the air and then left them where they fell. I slept in (I actually had only gotten 3 hours of sleep that night but that is a different story!) so Kimberly had served up a bag of chips for breakfast and there were chips and crumbs everywhere! Like dumped out on the floor and then the kids did the riverdance on them. About 3 pairs of shoes from each family member where all over the floor. dust bunnies. dirty dishes. Laundry monster pile waiting to be folded. Mangy ass dog barking. Toilet plugged up. Please God don't let her ask to use the bathroom. Leftover bowls of something left on the breakfast table. Stairs littered with toys. Kennen was in his jammies. Jammies covered in cheeto dust. I'm glad that Kim can dress herself and put her hair in a ponytail. Oh and I'm so glad that I blow dried my hair and put on makeup.

So anyway I told her, "My house couldn't possibly be messier, but come on in!" Cuz that's how I roll. :D

Anyway, she came over because she wants me to go to Shabbat with her. That right, jew church on Friday nights at sundown. She and I are in the same position. Married to jewish guys. Jewish guy refuses to go because they know that it is expensive to join a temple. She is a brave soul though and has been taking her daughter every Friday night for a few weeks now. And she asked me if I would come with them next week! I'm excited! I really have a lot of respect for the jewish religion. It is very practical. Even the way they shake you down for money. They don't give you a bunch of ballyhoo by saying, "A good person gives 20% and a soul damned to hell gives nothing," (an exaggeration I know but just keep reading). Instead they say, "How else are we going to pay for this temple you and your family have been enjoying? Here is your bill". I appreciate that honesty. I also have not fed the spiritual part of my life for many many years now. I am excited to go and pray and listen to a person talk about something bigger than me.

Anyway, the kids all ran around playing for about 30 minutes while this mom and I talked. She is so funny we get along really well. Plus she saw my dirty house and didn't flinch when I told her I was hung over and sleep deprived. It can only get better from here right?

3 comments:

~Penny~ said...

Yes. THose are the type of friends you keep. The ones that see that your house is a MESS and that your dishes are gross and piling over in the sink and it is causing a weird smell...and all they do is open the window for you and keep the convo rolling...

Keep her!

Anonymous said...

You crack me up. I love how you always end your blogs with a bang. I laugh every time. Your house sounds like my house!!! My mom keeps after me to hire a cleaning crew. That's right, not a cleaning person, but a whole damn crew. Okay, so appease her, I got 2 quotes. First one was 275 for the first time and 155 everytime after that and the next guy was 95. not so bad, but four times a month is dang near 400 bucks!! I think not. especially since the kids are going to mess it up again after the crew leaves. Pass. I'll just live in my sticky floor, laundry pile, toy ridden house.

Mrstx said...

Oh! I would love to get a cleaning lady! But I only need them for laundry and dishes. I can handle the rest but nobody does laundry! Ah well...can't afford it anyway!

Post a Comment