Thursday, January 3, 2008

Who loves her Wii?

Mii!

This thing is so much fun! The sports game that it comes with is really fun and my triceps are actually a little sore from playing baseball. Boxing just plain wears me out. Golf is more my game.

Jeff is really into the Harry Potter game. Meh...I think it's kind of boring after just a few hours. Yes hours. Time flies when you are playing Wii. It's fun to wave the controller like a wand and stuff but it's more of an adventure game and apparently I like more action.

I did look online for the reviews on the different Mario Bros games. Super Mario Galaxy seemed to be 'the' Mario game to have so I picked that up from my friendly neighborhood Walmart. :) Let me tell you...that game is super-cali-fragi-fucking-awesome! You are hurtled through space from planet to planet to collect jems, coins, pieces of broken stars and then at the end of each planet, you slay a monster. There are like 3 planets in each solar system, 3 or more solar systems in each galaxy, and then 8 galaxies. The first person to tell me how many planets/levels there are in that equation get...a pat on the back. :D

It's so fun because you have 2 controllers and you hold the nunchuck in the left hand and you use the thumb sized joystick on that to move, and the controller in your right hand is used to jump or spin and aims your lazer to collect jems. Its very interactive and so fun. Each planet is a big round ball (with very good gravity) and not flat and sometimes you are upsidedown shooting gems at your opponent...omg wicked awesome. The graphics excellent and they play mario music. Granted now it has grown up into an orchestra rendition, but you can still hear that old familiar song.

The good thing about Wii is that it entertains everybody in the family. The bad thing about Wii is that, um...I didnt get much done today. McDonalds, Walmart, Wii, dinner, Wii, blog...and probably Wii again if I can get the Wii controller out of Jeffs hands...Expelliarmus!

2 comments:

tara said...

sounds like ya'll are enjoying the wii. Make sure to check walmart and target b/c somtimes you can find kids games (shrek ,spongebob,and Barnyard for about $20).
Enjoy!!!!!

Genevieve said...

Haha you might have to smack him with a petrificus totalus or he'll snatch it back. I try to cast spells on my bf but he's never read the books, so watches with a bemused look on his face as his girlfriend leaps around yelling strange words at him. Maybe he should get me a Wii to keep me occupied.

Post a Comment