Sunday, September 30, 2007

Somebody has been talking...

...and his name is Kennen! That's right, it's true! He seems to be in the throes of an english language explosion. He has been speaking in sentences. Not perfect grammar, but perfect sentances. Last night we were walking home from Vamos Fesjevar...brasilian style, and Jeff was carrying Kennen. Usually my boy is the first one to fall asleep but he was still wide awake and Jeff said, "You are a party animal, aren't you bud?"

"No! I Nenen! (with his little finger pointed at himself) Daddy ary a-mal" It was hilarious! We asked him a few more times if he was a party animal but he just gave us exasperated, "NO! I Nenen!" Too cute!

Then this morning he was grabbing his rear end and saying, "Ewww, Nenen poop!" I asked him where his wipes were and he pointed up up stairs and said, "Nenen ipe up dere in Nenen oom." (Kennen's wipes up there in Kennens room).

I am so excited! I'm so proud! He has struggled so long and now it's finally coming together. So many people told me that one day he will wake up and speak in complete sentances. There is still a lot of "Uh-eeee, Uh-eye, Uh-nenen, Uh-uhhhhh" talk but it is finally becoming discernable.

Anyway, last night we went to our friends house for a brasilian party. My friends husband is from Brazil and they had a simple but amazing meal of beans, rice and meat. OMG it was so yummy!! What's even more amazing is my first experience with Capirinias. It's a drink made up of Vodka, limes and sugar and holy hell is it yummy. You literally can't taste the vodka. It just tastes like very limey sprite. All the kids behaved great too! I think being in a new house with new toys mesmerized all the littles and there was hardly any fighting. Oh, and one more thing about Laura's house. She has lived in her house for almost a year now and her carpet it perfect. How a person with 2 kids under the age of 3 has immaculate carpet is beyond me. Not only is it stain free, but it doesn't look like it has ever been walked on. The only thing I can figure is that they only walk on the carpet when company is over. The rest of the time, they must fly through the house and hover over their lovely carpet. Seriously.

1 comment:

AZ Larsens said...

Who knows if you will even know I am commenting on almost a year old post (b/c i still have no idea how to work blogger)... but my mom is brazilian and i know exactly what you are talking about with the delicious meat, rice and beans! mmm, makes me want some right now. (don't know about the Capirinias thing though...lol!)

Post a Comment