Sunday, September 9, 2007

4 letter words

There is a new four letter word in my repitoire. I know that y'all have to endure a damn, shit and an occasional fuck, but now I have a new one.

F.L.E.A.

My fucking perfect dog has fleas. Hannah Banana Shazama Hotlanta Fleabag-a Montana. Has a nice ring to it, no? I just gave her a monthly Frontline treatment last Thursday and now she has fleas? How? This is my first encounter with fleas so I am totally clueless on how to treat my house for them. I'm doing the yard tomorrow and i vacuumed like a mad woman today. I gave Hannah a 'buh-buh bah' (Kennen was very excited about the whole thing) and since I don't have flea and tick shampoo, I just scrubbed her down and then made her lay down in the water to drown the fleas. Well, I kind of held her under for 2 minutes. Yes of course her head was above water. Mostly :).

I busted out Jeffs clippers and trimmed up her face. It is soooo uneven. She looks like the nerd dog who's mom gives her home haircuts. I also gave her another Frontline treatment. I hope I didn't poison my dog...but honestly the last dose I tried to put on her was mostly on her fur and not on her skin. And apparently I have joined forces with Hannah in spreading the frontline flea and tick killer to any bug that bites us. After I put the medicine at the nape of her neck, I kissed her. On the nape of her neck. It was delicious! Kidding...I'm such a moron.

Here's Hannah Fleabag-a:
Oh, but don't fret for me! There is a silver lining. Remember the laundry monster I told you about? Well it's less of a monster and has actually morphed into The Blob. I can't see my carpet in my bedroom, let alone vacuum it. Oh, and are you wondering if there are fleas in my laundry pile? Yeah, me too. I am slaying the laundry monster as we speak. sigh...

Remember how I was talking about my fabulous neighbors? Tonight I was considering Ramen noodles for dinner when there was a knock at my door. Dr. N was delivering chicken enchiladas, courtesty of Patty. :) She even put them on a festive little plate for me. She's such a good Bung Chow.

p.s. Patty, they rocked!

No comments:

Post a Comment