Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Boyz

Okay so first I'm going to have to start off with an Ode to Kennen. Oh how do I love thee baby boy? When I was pregnant with my son and we found out we were having a boy, Jeff did a victory dance in the ultrasound room and I was disappointed! How disgusting is that? The whole thing just felt very weird to me. The thought of growing a boy (penis) in my body was not appealing. I tried to go shopping for boy clothes but I kept gravitating to the baby girl section. I looked at toddler boys at the playground throwing rock at my toddler daughter and shooting at her with imaginary guns and I cringed. Boys sucked.

Then I had one. I dote over him. I spoil him. He is the infallible child. He's a good boy. And he started school today and I cried because I was worried about him and I missed him. Apparently Kennen is pretty confident because he didn't shed a tear when I dropped him off at school today. He just sat down and played with no problem. I stayed in the window waiting for him to realize I was gone and cry for me, but he didn't so I left. When I picked him up from school as soon as he saw me, he totally lost it. He cried and cried and hugged me so tight. Goodness I love that boy. Here is a photo recap of our day:

Here's my sleepy babies. Look at Kenny's fred flintstone feet compared to Kim's normal feet:
He cleans up pretty nice, eh?
When did he start looking so much like Daddy?
Rear view!



At school!
Being a big boy. I just keep clicking pics so that he can't see that I'm crying!
Ok, maybe I'm biased...but he's a studly little man, no?
I'll take what I can now until he runs screaming when I try to kiss him...
p.s. I chopped off my hair!













4 comments:

tara said...

IT looks like he was ready for school. Love the shorter hair cut.

Anonymous said...

You are such an awesome mom and so beautiful. I love your updates.

~Penny~ said...

Wait a minute...that is short hair for you? How long was Long?

3 years ago I cut off 14 inches of my hair and donated to Locks of Love. It was a good experience but I don't think I will ever go that short again!

Even for a good cause.

Kennen looked so handsome!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what sweet kiddies you have. Absolutely gorgeous.
By the way, I love your hair colour.

Post a Comment