Thursday, September 27, 2007

Mothers and Daughters #2

G-d Damnit!SHITFUCKSHITFUCKSHITFUCKMOTHERFUCKER! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
RRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Wow, I actually feel a little better.

Kim is still complaining about every little thing. I feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about it. How do you teach a 5 year old the crucial life lesson: You can choose to be happy or you can choose to be miserable. Your perspective and attitude really do dictate your happiness. Maybe I should take my own advice. I should expect my kids to be the ungrateful little buggars that they are...maybe I wouldn't be so disappointed when they complain about pancakes for breakfast.

Oh yes. I waved the white flag this morning and whipped up a batch of pancakes for my Kimmy-girl. They are her favorite and I thought it would get our morning off to a good start. But no. She complained because I didn't let her 'stir' the batter. She complained because she thought Kennen had the bigger pancake. Then she didn't want butter. She didn't want me to cut them. She wrinkled her nose and poked at them with a fork. Just shut up, eat, and say thank you, okay?

Motherhood has always been thankless, from the little piglets I nursed for hours on end, to the 5 year old who refuses to wear the school clothes I bought her. Perfectly good new clothes that we picked out together. She wants to wear this ratty ass tank top from last year that is too short. AAAAARRRRRGHHHHHhhh! I know that I'm not here to be Kim's friend, but if she would just not fight me tooth and nail and constantly complain, I could at least be sane Mommy. I actually sent Jeff upstairs to deal with her because I know if I stayed to convince her to put on some respectable clothes, I would have bashed my head against the wall.

Please Lord let this be a phase. Didn't I read somewhere in a child psychology book that 5-6 year old children disassociate themselves from the same sex parent? I miss her. Attachment parenting my ass.

On a positive note, she is really doing well at school. I cant believe how much she is learning! I am so proud of her and I love sitting down with her at the end of the day to do homework. She is so bright and funny! She gets mad at me when I correct her, but I can tell that she does listen to me and she is doing great.

I just remembered one thing. This morning at the bus stop she ran off to talk to a group of little girls and she was playing with them until the bus came. When the bus came, she got in line and I was pretty far away from her and wasn't going to push a kiss goodbye. She stood waiting for a minute and then I saw her little face scanning the crowd looking for me. I hurried over and gave her a quick kiss and told her to have a good day and she actually smiled. Halle-friggin-leuia.

1 comment:

Post a Comment