Monday, September 17, 2007

sensitive boy

Kennen is sensitive emotionally, and apparently dermatologically. He was in my bed since the wee hours of the morning and he kept thrashing around and crying. I kept buring my head under my pillow and telling him to hush up or go back to his crib. At around 5:00am he finally found the words to tell me what was wrong with him and he cried out, "Buh-Eye!"



"Bug bite?" I slipped my hand under his shirt and he was covered in hives. I stripped him down, gave him benadryl and sponged him down with Aveeno oatmeal bath, to which Kennen responded, "No day-doo! Doo-olh! Doo-olh!" (translation, 'no thank you, too cold too cold!!!) I kept him home from preschool because even though they aren't contagious, he would be a super duper whiny boy and I didn't want him to suffer without his interpreter (me).



Oh, and i have a secret. I haven't mentioned it because I didn't want to jinx it, but my boy is potty trained! I know that in another 6 months it could be a different story, but as it stands now, he just goes to the bathroom when he needs to. I am so close to Mommy freedom that I can taste it!

My passion party was great! Great food, lots of wine and a bunch of wild girls. I can't wait for my new friend to get here. Oh, and the best part is that after 6 glasses of wine and stubling home at 1:00am (thankfully she is only about a block away) I didn't wake up with a hangover. Just a grumpy husband. Watching the kids by himself has that effect on him.


My in-laws are coming! I need to hit the guest room with the Dyson (I love it! I sleep with it when Jeff is out of town!). And a shovel for all of my paper clutter. And a garbage bag...for all the garbage. :)

1 comment:

tara said...

congrats on the potty training!!!!!! way to go!(no pun intended)

Post a Comment