Friday, September 28, 2007

Maybe...

Maybe my child isn't demon spawn. Maybe I'm just PMSing. I've been know to do that from time to time. ;)

Last night we went to gymnastics. Kimberly was doing great and she was having so much fun with her little friends. Okay, she can do basic gymnastic stuff, but the truth is, she is built like me...and um, I have little to no athletic ability. She is built for a catwalk...not a balance beam. But, in true Kimmy-girl style, she had rounded up a heard of little girls to be her friends. I'm proud of that. She is like her Daddy apparently...she doesn't know a stranger.

So, I was watching Kim and I felt an outpour of pride and love for my little social butterfly. Then this lady was standing right behind me and talking loudly the whole time. I just wanted her to shut the fuck up. She was so loud and she seriously wouldn't stop. Um, okay your story about you 9 year old daughters slumber party is mentionable...but I dont fucking care to hear every painful detail for the entire hour of gymnastics. Oh, and you kid is dropping shit (candy and candy wrappers) all over the floor. If you don't want to teach her how to clean up after herself, then at least do the world a favor and pick it up for her. Idiot.

Whew! It was at this point that I knew I was being unreasonable and totally off my rocker with PMS rage. I've talked to this mom almost every week of gymnastics so why all of the sudden was she so annoying? Why was Kim so annoying? Why was the dog so annoying? Even Kennen was bugging me. Eureka! The common denominator is me!

It was the last 10 minutes of gym and then Kennen pointed over my shoulder and cried, Da-deeeeeeee! I rolled my eyes and looked to see which man my child was confusing with his father but Jeff was there! My hero! What a great surprise! He is pretty much the only person I want to be around if I'm in a mood because he is just so darn entertaining. He turned my frown upside-down when he agreed to go to dinner next door. And would you believe it? They had a live blues band playing! How fun! And then get this...they had f.r.e.e. wine tasting! It's a greek restaurant so I had a gyro, hummus, wine, cheese....ahhhhhhhh just what this hormonal girl needed to remember that this is a beautiful world we live in. Oh, and thank G-d it's friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment