Wednesday, September 19, 2007

SPI

I *finally* got the pictures from our trip to South Padre Island last May. They were stuck in a disposable camera in Jeff's fishing bag for the last 4 months. OMG I can't wait until we can go again. Jeff already has 3 free nights at the hotel with his points. Oh, but get this...he seriously wants to trade in our free night points for a fucking shaved ice margarita machine. I'm speechless.

Are you kidding me? You mean you want shaved ice instead of an annual vacation that saved my sanity earlier this year?

"No Baby, listen...it's not like a regular blender...it SHAVES the ice. I don't think you know what I'm talking about...you've probably never had a margarita with shaved ice."

WTF???

All that I can say is that he is his mothers son. She loves gadgets and she loves to share them with me. She is the only reason that I own anything from pampered chef. Oh, and he also doesn't think it's that big of a deal now because I'm relativly calm, cool, collected and sane. Just wait until next April when I'm really burnt out from the kids and calling him 50 times a day to asking him when he is coming home to help me. I'll ask him then if he wants to give me shaved ice, or if he wants to give me a room with an oceanfront view for 5 nights.


Here's an example. This is me and Jeff on the first morning of out little vay-cay. I am not relaxed yet and I want my damn coffee.


Don't I look tense? I am smiling for the camera but I don't mean it. Do I look fun to be around? I would say no, that by the look on Jeff's face, I'm not at all fun to be around right now. He is counting the minutes until breakfast if over and he can get his pole wet. His fishing pole, that is.


This is the day before we came home and we had just spent the afternoon day drinking on a Bay fishing charter. We caught Whiting and we drank a 12 pack of beer. Don't I look...happy? I'm rockin' the trucker had that I bought for $3 to keep the sun out of my eyes. I had so much fun. I was so much fun to be around. Hey look at that...see Jeff's smile? There's your proof:
If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. I'm already counting down the days for our trip next year. And *that* makes me very happy!

p.s. I'm also counting down the hours until my in-laws get here. Yipee! If I want to go for a quick run? I can strap on my shoes and go! Well, go by myself and not worry about sunblock, juice boxes, and teddy grahams to keep little man occupied. If I want to sleep in? Grandma loves doing the morning thing with the kids. I heart them!

No comments:

Post a Comment