Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Random

Wow! I feel like I can barely catch my breath! I have been running around like a crazy lady. I guess I was disillusioned when I thought that I would spend every Monday and Wednesday lounging around my house. Or getting facials.

Speaking of facials, I was talking to my asian neighbor yesterday while we were waiting for the bus to drop the kids off after school. I've not really ever talked to her, but I think she felt compelled to talk to me since earlier that morning we jogged past each other but were both too out of breath to have a real conversation. She told me I was so beautiful and so young!

"How old you are?"

"28."

"Ohhhhh, you so young! You so beautiful..." She smiled at my face and then furrowed her brow.

"Oh, you have stress all over your face. You break out? You need facial. You too young to let your skin look like that. You need to moisturize...you need to exfoliate."

Apparently Delia had a beauty salon in San Francisco before she started living the Cinco Ranch lifestyle. She that I was too young to have crappy skin a few more times and then the kids got off the bus and she walked away. I was telling my friend Laura about it and I could not stop laughing. Unbelievable. The funny thing is that I'm not at all offended about it. She really did say it as sweetly as possible. It was sort of a wake up call really because I don't take care of my skin anymore. Delia is 40 and her skin is as fresh as a baby's bottom. I went inside and pondered my pores and then I pondered google on how to do a home facial. I used whatever I could find around the house, and my skin does actually feel a little smoother. My favorite discovery was a homemade sugar scrub made with equal parts sugar and warm water. It really is a gentle exfoliant. I really should invest in some quality face products. I guess that's why G-d made Macy's charge cards. :)

This weekend was great! My in laws came and spoiled everyone, plus my mother in law taught me how to knit. Jeff was appaled. He made me promise him that I wont turn into his mother. :) When I was halfway done with my scarf, I asked him if he liked it. He said yeah, sure...it's great. I told him he was going to be so warm this winter! Now he is very scared...and he should be!

I have been trying to think of something fun that the kids can be for halloween. I want them to 'match'. The best idea I have heard yet is Little Bo Peep for Kimberly, and the Sheep for Kennen. Cute huh? Jeff said that was lame. I told him he was lame. So, does anybody out there have any other ideas?

2 comments:

MommyStamper said...

Leave it to those Asians to just speak their minds:)

Anonymous said...

Both of my boys will be wearing matching Army guy costumes I just got on ebay... I asked Landen what he wanted to be and I know Noah wants to be whatever big bro is so we got 2. I can't wait to get them. Should be cute. I like your idea of bo-peep and the sheep. That's cute.

Post a Comment