Friday, September 7, 2007

Shopping therapy

I have never been a big spender. Until recently >:).

Now, when I'm bored, I go shopping. When I am stressed, I go shopping. When I go walking at the mall early in the morning, I linger until the shops open so I can reward my hard working exercising ass with new work out clothes. I love finding deals. Yesterday I found Nike workout shorts, skirts and tanks for like 75% off. Go me! Today I got an email saying that my Macy's bill was due. I could pay it online but since I have a full tank of gas, I think I will drive to the super duper mall that is 20 miles away and make a day of paying my credit card bill. Maybe I will buy a new purse...only if it's on sale! I also need to pick up some clothes for Kennen. I was getting him ready for school the other day and i relized that he has outgrown almost all of his shirts. I'm also going to just look at their furniture department. I hate my sofa. I need leather because I let the kids eat on the couch and I just can't keep up with the stains. Oh, and I have rolled up my wool rug in the family room because Kennen smeared desitin all over it. Then the dog kept walking in it and now I have desitin paw prints all over my wood floors. It's all good though...that's the beauty of washable surfaces.

Ever since Kim started school, I feel busier than ever. I am hardly ever home. It's weird. My laundry monster is out of control (what else is new) and Jeff says we are having a laundry party this weekend. There will be alcohol involved. Ahhhhh the weekend. Is it wrong that I look forward to every weekend to put on a late night movie for the kids and get drunk with my friends and go home and have drunk sex with my husband? Do other Moms do this? I'm so glad that we chose this neighborhood to move into. And that my friends chose to move in next to me. I hit the house jackpot. The house next door to me is for sale (I miss you Lisa!) and I pray that whoever moves in will be my friend. :) And that they like kids. That might occasionally drive their Barbie Jeep in their driveway. And big dumb animal drunk husbands every Saturday night. Who might mow their lawn on Sunday morning so he can sweat out his hangover. It's all about give and take, no?

1 comment:

tara said...

welcome to the shopping club.Isn't it fun!!!!!
Love your laundry party idea.(and the booze!!!!!!)

Post a Comment