Sunday, June 29, 2008

We're back!

Disney World is so amazing. The first day we were there we noticed that everyone at the hotel was saying, 'Have a magical day' and at first we were rolling our eyes and scoffing at their enthusiasm.

But then we went to Magic Kingdom and we saw the Castle and the Disney magic infused into our souls:


Then Jeff zoomed in on...the kids and their monkey leashes! I know, I know...I leashed my kids. But I really don't want to lose my babies and since I have mental problems, just the thought of losing sight of them gives me panic attacks. There were several times that I lost sight of them for a split second and went into crazy screaming Mommy-who-can't-find-her-kids mode and Jeff told me to hush up and relax. Oh, and another thing about the leashes...the last day Kimberly decided to take her monkey leash off and that is the only time we lost her. She was only missing for about a minute but after that the monkey leash laws were strictly enforced.


This was right before breakfast at the Crystal Palace character restaurant. Notice the hazy magic twinkling around Cinderella's castle in the background? I told you it was magic.


First thing was first and we went on Pirates of the Caribbean. Kennen and Kimberly loved it. In the we bought Kennen a pirate sword, and eyepatch and a hook hand. I think I know what he will be for Halloween this year. Here are my boys. Oh, and Geaux Tigers!:


The whole fan-damily:


I missed day 2 of course because Kimberly was puking and spraying diarrhea every 30 minutes, but on day 3 we went to Epcot! Like my Mickey Ears? I think they make me 6'6''!


There is my husband. You can see that he is impressed with big balls:


Epcot was really impressive. We made it halfway 'around the world' before we got stuck in a torrential downpour. We were undaunted by the rain and kept on exploring the park and going on rides for about 3 hours until we finally sat down to eat at The Biergarten. I loved the food! Everything was vinegary and tasted just like my grandmothers cooking. Oh, and the 33 1/2 ounce beers were pretty sweet too! Here I am 33 1/2 sheets to the wind:


The next day was Animal Kingdom. It was probably my least favorite park because I think I am the only person that thinks that the zoo is boring as hell. I don't care to look at animals at the distance. I don't even care to look at animals close up. I did keep a smile on my face because there was one great thing about the Animal Kingdom...Everest! Jeff, Grandpa, Kimberly and myself went on the ride and is was off the mutha-funkin' hook! At first Kimberly liked it was like, 'Yeah! Woohoo!' but then we stopped because the 'track was broken' and we backed up. really fast. in the pitch black. This is when my stomach was in my throat and Kimberly was crying and screaming, "Get me off this thing! Make is stoooooop!" Yeah...it was probably not one of my finer moments of Motherhood. I really thought she would like it. She loved Goofy's barnstormer at magic kingdom....but I guess the Barnstormer was about a 4 in intensity, and the Everest ride was about a 10. Oops. Sorry baby girl...Mommy will pay for your therapy when you are older. After Everest, we went to the fairgrounds at Dinoworld and the kids both won the largest stuffed animals that they offered. Good job kiddos!:


The 5th day we were exhausted and decided to spend the morning at the pool. My babies were lucky enough to be selected to 'use Mickey Mouse magic to turn on the fountains in the pool and to turn the water slide on.' They donned mickey hands and fantasia hats and teensy tiny magic wands and spun around...went town to the ground....and jumped up to turn on the fountains. They did a great job.

The End.

10 comments:

Angela said...

Welcome back!!! Almost a week without reading your blog was hard. ;-) Was it hard to come back home?
That looks like such a fun vacation for everyone!!! Great pictures. Love the family pic.
Your calves are looking so tone - is that from running?

Heather is engagged, can you believe that? Its sureal almost that they are not so young anymore.

Well i'm taking a mini break from cleaning/organizing guess I should head back ::sniff::

AZ Larsens said...

Yay I'm not the only one that keeps my kids on a leash! :)

I hate the zoo too, FYI. It smells, and it's boring.

rage said...

Great pictures and welcome back Stella!

Glad you had a good time. Well, with exception of the diarrhea day.

Anonymous said...

WDW is the bomb! We went last spring break for the first time ever and fell in love with the Magic! I thought, yea, yea, they say its magical, whatever...but after Magic Kingdom, I was a believer! Loved the Buzz Lightyear ride, rocking rollercoaster and of course Everest. Glad you are back - we've got to get together before summer is over.

Jadeny said...

Looks like so much fun!! I think I may have to plan my own trip....and I don't even have any kids. lol

Anonymous said...

Last time we were at Disney they were still building Everest... so we JUST missed it. Ah well.

Other than that we love eating at WDW restaurants. Relatively speaking it's not nearly as expensive as it could be. My daughter has food allergies and they're ALWAYS very good about telling us which foods she can have and they'll make us special food for her. We went to the Lilo and Stitch Luau which has a family style breakfast... for her they brought out a GINORMOUS plate full of food she could eat since she couldn't have ours.

We LOVE Disney.

Smyles10 said...

Welcome Back... and if I was around (I was on vacation too) I would have welcomed you to Mickey land. I live in Orlando! Growing up in Florida I got the luxury of going to Disney a lot... I still go and still love every minute of it!

Glad you enjoyed your trip!!

MommyStamper said...

Awwww...Looks like you guys had a great time. Glad Kimberly go to feeling better and could enjoy it too.

Glad you guys are back:)

Sloane said...

You have the cutest family EVA!!! I'm glad you and Kimberly were able to enjoy at least a few days. It sucks when you get sick like that. It sucks even worse when you have to take care of someone who is sick like that.

But then again, you are SuperMom!

**Liz** said...

your family is very beautiful

Post a Comment