Sunday, June 1, 2008

RAWRRRRRR!

That is how I feel right now. Today is the day I decided to enter into a triathlon in my town. It is a 'little' triathlon, but I am still intimidated. It is a 1/4 mile swim, 19 mile bike ride, and a 3 mile run. I looked online and it seems like the general times for each section of the triathlon are about 10 minutes for swimming, 1 hour for biking, and 30 minutes for the run. Realistically I would expect to go slower than the averages, but who cares! I just want to finish the damn thing.

Today I swam 8 laps at the pool (I think we've figured that to be 1/8 of a mile) and biked 9 or 10 miles. I feel really great! If this is my athletic starting point, I feel confident that I can really do this. I did all of this today with Keikicakes. It was sort of an experiment to see if we are in any shape to seriously try for this race. And you know what? I really think I can do it. And I'm going to sign up!

Okay, I seriously need a bubble bath because I think i might be sore tomorrow! :D

2 comments:

AZ Larsens said...

Way to go, that's so cool! I could probably do the running thing but not the rest of it...

Angela said...

That is so awesome. Good for you. I need to learn how to like running, i hate it.

Post a Comment