Wednesday, April 30, 2008

busy day in suburbia

This morning my agenda was to take Kennen to preschool, go run, take the dog in for shots, buy a new swimsuit for the pool party this weekend, and lay out for 30 minutes. I told my neighbors this morning as we were dropping the kids off at the bus stop, and as I was walking back to my house she yelled, "Have fun enjoying your Cinco Ranch lifestyle!"

'I will thankyouverymuch' I thought.

Then a very bad thing happened. Sometime in the 20 minutes it took to take Hannah Shazama Hotlanta Montana to the vet, my cell phone stopped working. The screen went black and no matter what I did, I couldn't get the lights to go back on again. I suddenly felt very anxious! I don't have social anxiety, but I do have lonely anxiety! My link to the outside world was cut off. Most days, I have my cell phone either clutched in my hand or in the back pocket of my jeans. Now that it was useless, I felt very insecure. Crazy? Usually!

I ended up spending the day calling customer care, tried to order a phone online, locked myself out of my account because of too many log in attempts, went to an overpriced AT&T store, and finally ended up at Best buy. And yes, a phone from there really was the best buy. ha ha hoo hooooo I'm silly.

Jeff talked me out of a Palm something or another and I ended up with a LG Shine. It's so pretty! And Shiny! The screen is a backlit mirror. Lights off=mirror to apply my lip gloss. Lights on=brightly colored display. Slide display up to make a phone call. Slide display down and turn to the side for a camera. And it is thick enough to really look like a little silver camera. Insert 20 dollar adapter into phone and then pop your iPod earbuds into adaper and you've got yourself a Mp3 player.

If it would only go to Kohls and try on swimsuits for me, all my problems would be solved.

1 comment:

MommyStamper said...

I like your new phone. It's very shiny:) LOL.

I don't know why you worry about trying on swimsuits. They always look great on you!!!

Good luck and have fun. Enjoy yourself!

Post a Comment