Monday, April 28, 2008

in laws

My in-laws are in town this week. I love it when they are here because they take over with the kids. I hate it when they are here because they take over with the kids. Well, I guess I have accepted Kimberly being under the spell of grandma and grandpa. Kennen though...I am used to being the sun, moon and stars to that boy. Now I'm just the bitch that says, 'No more candy,' and 'It's bedtime'. Kennen has joined ranks with Kimberly and I am useless when there is a grandparent in the house. I'm not sure why...maybe because he is the baby...but it cuts me deep when he literally pushes me away and runs to grandma and the new box of crayons she bought for him. Et tu Brute?

It also bothers me that when Jeff's sister called on grandma's cell phone, I overheard grandma saying, "Well he we are having to deal with lots of fits and crying if he doesn't get his way." WTF? You bring a suitcase (literally) full of new things for the kids, and overindulge them in every way and then choose to only tell other people about the bad things that my kids are doing? Why not say that he sits in your lap all day saying 'Grandma! Papa! Grandma! Papa!' I think she does this because she is trying to be humble and self depricating...but it actually comes across as shit talking. About my special boy...MY special boy that prefers her right now. So twisted.

But I should probably just swallow my lumps because this just *might* be me being psycho PMS Mommy. The thing is that I love my in-laws. I can sit and talk with them for hours. They are lovely people. I just don't like to share my kids. There. I said it. Mine mine mine all mine.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so stingy and sensitive when it comes to my kids. I hate hearing from my in laws or anybody "here...let me take him. I can make him stop crying" and then force the "all he needed was grandma" down my throat. Ugh.
But even in normal situations, it kills me when I see my daughter get excited about someone else. She loves her babysitter which is awesome. She's a good friend of mine. But sometimes I wish she'd have separation anxiety just once!

Mrstx said...

I totally know what you mean. With me though, if they didn't visit and help me out every so often, I would go out of my mind. I need time away from the kids, date night, or just veg out and play Wii while the kids are at the park with grandma and grandpa. But then this stupid green eyed monster comes out when my son wont hug me, but is all over grandma. What am I? Chopped liver? I need to get over myself.

~Penny~ said...

It's just because you guys are good mama's :)

And you love your babies.

Hadley said...

My sister-in-law is like that with her kids (not good at sharing), and I really don't want to offend, but it is kind of hard to take. It is in the kids' best interest to have close relationships with extended family! Sounds like you know that though--good for you for being able to admit your feelings even when they aren't pretty.

insanemommy said...

I didn't want to share my girls with anyone. BUT, we had waited a life time for them and when they finally arrived I wanted them all to myself. I have eased up two years later, but they are still very much MY girls! lol.

Post a Comment