Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bad Doggy!

Yesterday Kennen accidentally let the dog out. Usually Hannah Shazama Hotlanta Montana will just sniff around in the front yard but yesterday as soon as she felt her freedom, she bolted down the street. I ran as fast as I could but she was soooo much faster! We live just around the corner from a semi-busy road and Hannah was headed straight for it. I screamed for her to stop until my throat was hoarse and i saw visions of Hannah splattered across the boulevard in my mind.

A man in a truck coming home yelled for me to stop chasing her. I know that it is true...you chase an animal and they will just run faster. I halted in my tracks and I think my idiot of a dog actually had a lucid moment because she looked at the cars zooming past and turned around...stopped...and peed. It was my only shot so I crept up stealthily and grabbed her.

Thank the Lord. I love my doggy. Even if she is a bad girl and barks at the neighbors and steals food and poops in the toy room. I carried her halfway home. I held her and hugged her and all of her bad girl fluffy softness. Jeff ran up to me when I was halfway home and carried the her the rest of the way. Then I realized that I am totally out of shape because I was practically wheezing! Yeah um, time to start exercizing again. boo. hiss.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Oh no!!! I am glad you were able to get her!!!! I was reading this hoping it wasn't going to be a tear jerker. This is my fear of Deuce...esp. since our front door doesn't always close all the way. I get so paraniod.

~Penny~ said...

Oh no! I am so glad you got her because when my dog ran out once she ran straight to the street and got him by a truck :(

Great Danes are not the smartest dogs.

Anonymous said...

I love your dogs name

Post a Comment