Friday, April 4, 2008

Big bad world

Yesterday Jeff drove home from his business/fishing trip in Illinois. There was a huge storm that followed him all the way home. He was actually in Little Rock about 40 minutes before that tornado hit last night. He called me right before he got to Texarkana (aka ass rape country) and said that he just heard the storm warning on the radio, "GET INTO A BASEMENT NOW! IF YOU ARE DRIVING, PULL OVER AND SEEK SHELTER IMMEDIATELY".

I told him he was a lucky bunny. The crazy thing is that the interstate highway was flanked in storms on both sides, but the road itself stayed clear where Jeff was driving. Somehow he avoided the golf ball sized hail, 60 mph winds and of course, the tornadoes.

p.s. I just had a knock at the door. It was a bunch of Jehovah Witnesses trying to give me the word of the lord or something. That Mezuzza that Jeff's parents brought back from Israel a few years ago really comes in handy at times like this. I pointed to it and said, "We're Jewish" before they even started talking and they quickly stepped off my front porch step. Before they burst into flames.

4 comments:

~Penny~ said...

That is creepy. It must have been a sight, I am glad Jeff is ok.

The JWitness' are EVERYWHERE. Ha! Just got a mental picture of their faces ;0

Unknown said...

I am glad he is ok. I have had drives like that only I wasn't leaving bad weather in my wake but accidents

Angela said...

Once I had a flight i was on had to stop in Texana, TX to refule before landing in Houston. It was totally BFE.

KBear said...

my mom, used to invite them into the house, and ask them questions that they couldnt answer. she served them cake and such too. real polite. but they would get frustrated with her and storm out:)

Post a Comment