Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ohh...scandalous!

does this count for HNT? I took this picture while I was drunk on an airplane.


Anyway...onto the blog...

I am going to spend 2 weeks in AZ and i am writing up my itenerary right now. I was thinking that by me staying 2 weeks, I would have plenty of time to see everyone at a leisurly pace. um, yeah that doesn't look like it is going to happen.

The most important person is my Grandma. She is 91 and is blessed to still be in great health. If anything she is suffering from a broken heart from the death of my Grandfather in January. She keeps telling me what I can have of hers when she dies. It's not at all said in a pity party type way, but it is all very matter of fact. She has no fear. It's like she has already lost the most prized possession...her husband. Nothing else matters. Not even how many more days she is alive. But at the same time, she has been doing quite well. She goes to water aerobics now and is telling me about her new friendships with the other widows in the community. I'm also going to take my Wii with me and teach her how to bowl. We are going to cook and freeze single serve meals. We are going to have a great day.

Other than that I am open. I am going to see my highschool friends, my college friends, my super sweet cousin, my Mom, my aunt...basically every human being on the planted that I know personally. When I think of the wealth of people I know in AZ, it makes me wonder why we live in Texas. Then I remember the whole 'husbands career' thing and the whole 'cost of living' thing, and then the 'exemplary schools' in Texas thing.

But I'm just going to enjoy the moment.

I'm going going back back to A.Z....AZ....AZ....ha ha ha.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Hey that's your facebook pic. Haha, for some reason i thought you were sitting at your desk/computer.

I took a life-span development class and it’s really interesting about all the different cycles we go through during our life time. Cherish your time with Grandma that will be great for both of you.

About 15 years ago my Grandma put our names on a blank sticker on the bottom of her figurines and other collectibles. She took them off when my aunt started looking at them all and comparing/complaining about who was getting what. For Christmas this past year we got a few of them. It was a little strange.
I cannot wait to see you.

~Penny~ said...

Have a fab trip! And enjoy it. You will come back to TX ad it will be school time!

Have fun with your grandma, that is so sweet :)

Post a Comment