Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Bows

Today my friend Dana showed me the super secret bow shop of Katy, TX. I guess it isn't too super secret because I told 2 other friends that I was going to a secret bow shop and they said, "Oh, is it the one in a warehouse?" Um, yep! That's the one. So I guess I should say that my friend Dana took me to the bow shop that I was the last to hear about.

I have been fretting over Kimberly's hair her entire life. Here is a picture of her just before her 2nd birthday. *okay I have to stop right now to feel the crushing pain in my heart when I look at my girl when she was smaller. Oh lord look at that sweet face* Whew! Anyway, look at her hair...

Here is the front.

Okay and here is her hair in the back. She was 2 here people. Her hair grows slower than any other child I've ever met. Look:


Since she is going into first grade next year, I decided that I need to detract from her short stringy split ended hair and stock her up on bows. This was in the clearance bin and Kim loved it! It's not the traditional hand tied big 'ole Texas bow but it is pretty cute nonetheless:


And while I was shopping for bows, Kimberly went crazy in the bin-o-fugly-bracelets. I think they make her feel fancy:


Here is what we came home with in exchange for a bucket full of money:


I loved watching her arrange and touch every one. She was holding them and talking about how happy she was going to be when she wears then to first grade.


My sweet girl. This is her thankful face. She didn't just say thank you though. She sat me on the sofa, gave me a shoulder massage, cooked up a pot of coffee and opened a can of peaches and served them to me in a plastic bowl.


I think her love language is gifts

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Some of those bows are bigger then her head

Angela said...

I love all her fancy bows. Isn't that Jeff's love language too? I thought you blogged about that once. But, i could be making things up.

Mrstx said...

Audra-Yes'm you are correct. And I didn't even buy the 'big' bows. Don't forget though...I live in Texas...ye-haw!

Angela-I've talked about Jeff's love language before but his is acts of service. You know...like blowjobs. :D

rage said...

Awww, that was so sweet. I think she just has baby fine hair, that's all.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is thank god I have a Y chromosome.

Hadley said...

I grew up in Alabama, so all those bows bring back memories!

Did you grow up in the South?

Kimberly's hair is pretty! It looks shiny and healthy and it is a nice color. Careful that you don't give the child a complex :)

Mrstx said...

Hadley- No I actually grew up in Arizona and have only lived in Texas for 2 years. I am finally used to "M'am", Sweet Tea, and Bows as big as your childs head. I think the bows are adorable actually.

Her hair is a really cute color. I promise I will keep my 'hay hair' thoughts to myself. So far so good because Kimberly thinks she is hot stuff, lol.

~Penny~ said...

Wow, things really are bigger in Texas. Please take a picture of her with that big, silver, sparkly one. As a NYer, that will completely make my day:)

BTW...I love Kim's sass and dangly earings!

Sloane said...

Kimberly is so cute! She is going to kill then when she gets older.

For bows, I have been using a blogger friend who makes custom bows. My niece doesn't really have any hair yet, but she has a bunch of hair bows.

Email me if you are interested. I don't want to post her stuff without her permission.

Post a Comment