Sunday, July 6, 2008

3 Oh, it's the magic number...

...oh yes it is, it's the magic number. (do you have school house rock playing in your mind now?)

It's my 300th post! Hot Damn I think I have an addiction. Or is it just a healthy way to express myself. Or is it an excuse not to clean my house? Whatever it is, I like it. A lot.

Since we are talking about 3's...and multiples of 3, let me also talk about my triathlon training. Today is only day 2 of training. I started over a month ago but was struck down by the devil germ, salmonella, so today is the official start of my training. Today for the first time, I tried to do a 'brick'. I guess brick is a term for stacking either swimming, biking or running together. Today I did my 10 mile bike ride and I was feeling great. I was careful not to burn too much energy in my legs. It I was climbing an incline in the road, I would just spin gently and not power through with my leg muscles. I took it slow and easy...all while The Black Eyed Peas bumped in my iPod.

I got home, dropped off my bike and started walking. What the fuck? My legs weren't working. I stopped and stretched my quads and changed my music (Paralyzer by Finger 11 if you were curious) to get me amped up and started walking. I wasn't really in pain, but my legs were rubber and just had no energy in them. I turned the corner and got the the main road and I couldn't catch my breath and my heart was burning in my chest. Oh hell no. I thought I was in shape! I stopped until I could breath again and then hobbled home. How pathetic. I think I walked 1/8 of a mile. Oh well a brick is a brick, yes? Maybe if I spiked my gatorade with whey protein I would get the boost of energy I needed to keep moving. Also, next time I am going to try to bike maybe 3 or 4 miles, and then walk one mile...then rinse and repeat once. Biking 10 miles and running on my first brick was probably a bad idea. Live and learn, eh?

Are you bored yet? :D

10 comments:

MommyStamper said...

Phewwww...I thought you were writing about having a 3rd child:) Glad to hear it's your 300th post. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

On the triathlon thingy, keep at it. Don't give up, and work your way up!!

Genevieve said...

not bored, jealous and...dare I say it.. a little inspired??

rage said...

Totally jealous! I wish I had your motivation girl! Keep on keepin' on with your bad self!

Angela said...

Good for you, that's awesome.

Anonymous said...

I need to start doing something...but no way could I do a triathlon or even just a marathon...so props to you!!! :) Btw, I changed my url....http://iamyouneek.blogspot.com/ :)

Jadeny said...

Just thinking about doing anything for 10 miles makes me sweat! lol.

Anonymous said...

I am supposed to be riding my bike to work... but I keep ending up with things to do at lunch which necessitate a car or it storms or... well I'm just lazy.

I need your motivation.

Anonymous said...

btw...

Video

The past and the present and the future.
Faith and Hope and Charity,
The heart and the brain and the body
Give you three as a magic number.

~Penny~ said...

Oh my. you are very busy and healthier than I ever will be!

I thought you were going to say you were knocked up again...you are a tricky one!

Good for you though, that is crazy exercise and it made me sick thinking about it...

Mrstx said...

Aww thanks everyone. Honestly I don't think that I like to do it other than it is the only time that I have a chance to be completely by myself these days. Just me, my iPod, and my wobbly legs. I do think I need a work out partner though...Laura? You in?

Post a Comment