Wednesday, July 23, 2008

More bow talk...I apoligize.

The other day, I was at Hobby Lobby (I can't believe that I hang out at hobby lobby...wtf happened to me?) and I bought a scrap bag of ribbon. In that scrap bag, a huge yellow sash was hidden. Kimberly fell in love with it...and insisted that I make the biggest bow evah.

Who am I to say no to big ass bows? You Like? It's Nice?

I did an interview of Kimberly tonight while she was wearing her new school time accessory.

"How old are you Kimmy-girl?"
...really? Six you say? That is fascinating!"

"So...Um...What is that on your head Kimmy-girl? Wha-wha? The biggest bow evah? Who has the best Mommy in the world. Yeah...I know I'm cool like that."

"Is there anything new in your life?"
"Holy cow! You lost another tooth! Darnit Kimmy-girl...you are super cute with that new hole in your head. So how much did the tooth fairy give this year? $5??!!!?!?! Your Daddy must have put in a special call for the tooth fairy, because even I know that is superfluous!"

"So is that bow weighing you down at all?"

"...maybe a little bit? You are losing altitude there..."

"Huh? Beauty takes pain sometimes? Yes sweetie...you are probably right on that one."


Kimmy: "Daaaaaddddyyyyyy! Step off!"

I think Jeff is impressed!
And I think Kimberly looks like a teeny tiny Jeff...with a big ass bow on her head.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will give you 5 bucks NOT to let her wear that propeller on top of her head to school. She will get her ass kicked. Okay, I'm kidding. I love her. She's beautiful... but umm... as much as I really do love you and as fantastic of a bow that is.... ummm.... she might come home with a black eye. I love you!!! :)

Anonymous said...

okay, the original bows you started out with were great but now I gotta tell ya that you are inching over the line with this bow. kimmy girl won't get invited for sleepovers to the over achievers house but she will also be banned from all playdates and she will kick YOUR ass when she's 15...hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Flash forward 10 years...

Mom!!! What the hell is this thing you put on my head????

MommyStamper said...

LOL...I think that bow is hilarious!!! I love it. You should work a Halloween theme around the bow:)

tara said...

that is on big bow! :}

Jadeny said...

so I am keepign my fingers crossed that you will not actually allow her to wear that out.

Sloane said...

Um, that bow makes me a little scared for Kimmy's life. I thought you said you wanted her to be part of the cool kid group?

As a responsible blog-friend, I think that you should step away from the ribbon, and re-evaluate.

The first step is admitting it. ;)

Unknown said...

Wow, does that double as a parachute?

Anonymous said...

News out of New Zealand... A judge made a 9yr old a ward of the court because her parents embarrassed the crap out of her by naming her Talula Does the Hula From Hawaii.

Next up... giant hair bows.

~Penny~ said...

Oh.my.gawd.

Stella, take a step back from bow land.

Remember your roots, big bows are only cute in Texas :)

What will happen if she takes her love of big bows onto college? Then what?

Keikicakes said...

I would have loved to see Jeff with the bow on!

There is something about a little girl with a gap in her teeth and a big ass bow in her head that makes me feel like I am in Texas!

rage said...

Lmfao @ the huge bow on her head!

Poor girl!

Post a Comment