Monday, July 7, 2008

Humble Pie

This morning the first thing Jeff said to me was, "Did you pay the cable bill?"

In true Stella form I snipped back, "Of course I paid the bill. Somebody probably cut the cable line or something." Hee hee. After Jeff left for work I called the cable company and the automated voice squeaked that I had made my last payment on May 15th. Hee hee. That would put me over a month late...and definitely fair game to have my cable shut off. Oops. It's not lack of money like it was in the early years of our marriage, (ahhhh, those broke ass years full of love, hope, and ramen noodles), but I just forgot. Or maybe I subliminally wanted a little extra spending money in Disney World and blew off the more frivolous bill. Who knows.

This means that I need a sugar daddy. Oh wait...I'm married. I think this means I need a job. Would I be a terrible Mommy for staying home with one child their entire babyhood, toddlerhood, and preschool years, but send the other kid to the sharks at the tender age of 3? Especially because my 3 year old is so sensitive. Oh, and speaking of sensitive, do I coddle him or toughen him up. I have no...

Okay you know what? Just forget about my whole martyr Mom paragraph above. My husband just called. We had a fun little speaker phone conversation between me, him and his administrative assistant. They are going out to dinner in a group for some world wide meeting or something. I told him to have fun and bring me something.

He said, "Well, what do you want?" and I said, "Chocolate cake!" Then he pretended to whine and compain in a cute way that told me that dessert is on the way.

Then his secretary (or admin, whatevs) said, "Don't worry...I'll make sure he comes home with something chocolate for you!"

Then I said, "Thank you! Yeah Jeff, listen to your admin." And then he said, "She's not my admin...she's my boss." And I quipped, "Well listen to you boss at work!"

Hahahahahaha! I'm so cool and witty. Then we hang up the phone and I think ha...ha...yessir this would be much more funny if she didn't have such big boobs. I'm not an insecure person...really I'm not. And it's not about how pretty she is. Honestly, if he were to cheat it wouldn't be with her. Hmmm, at least the up side is that if he were to ever cheat on me doesn't that mean that I get to have a fling too?

Hey I'm just looking for the silver lining here...

:D

7 comments:

rage said...

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

Having said that, two wrongs don't make a right.

I'm fucking crazy as it is, so who knows what the shit I would do in that situation.

I know. Just leave. That would be T's worst nightmare.

Angela said...

Boobs are SO overrated!

tara said...

so is your cable back on?

Mrstx said...

Rage- Yep, my first instinct would be to leave him. But 7 years down the drain? Who knows!

Angela-no way! Boobs are great!

Tara- yep, I paid my bill, and miraculously my cable turned on immediately.

Anonymous said...

Damn those Texas cable companies are quick...

As for boobs... they're nice, but I like average-sized ones. Anything bigger is really just a waste. Personally I like a woman with great legs and ass. But that's just me.

Jadeny said...

I wish the cable company up here were that quick. The last time we moved, I had arranged for the cable to shut off on December 12. They came NOVEMBER 12 and turned everything off. I had to wait almost 36 hours before they got back out there and fixed that shit. No internet, no TV = sad sad me. lol

~Penny~ said...

A few years ago when I moved, I didn't pay my bills for 4 months. THey never shut it off.

As Jadeny said, they are slower.than.shit. here!

Post a Comment