Monday, July 21, 2008

I've been busy...

Remember that day that Kimberly was afraid to go to day camp? I decided that I would just put Kennen in the camp and that I would keep Kimmy-girl with me. She's actually a pretty cool little person to hang out with so I didn't mind that she was going to go shopping with me instead. Once we got there though, she completely changed her mind. Patty and Laurie were very patient with me that morning. I was the asshole of 'Mommy's day out' in the following ways:

1. I was late. Like 20 minutes late.
2. I forgot my paperwork so I had to fill out a new form which took about 3 minutes. Grrr.
3. I didn't have cash so I had to wait in line to pay the teenager that was working the credit card machine. 5 minutes.
4. I walked Kennen into the preschool section and warned the girl working that beat that my son is a crybaby and to please watch him carefully. 2 minutes.
5. Forced Kennen to kiss me goodbye and took off his shoes. 3 minutes.
6. Get back to my friends and Kimberly starts crying now because she has decided she wants to stay.
7. Go find teenager with my paperwork and add Kimberly's name to the list. 2 minutes.
8. Stand in line for 5 minutes to use credit card machine again to pay for Kim.
9. We finally get into Lauries van and I realize I lost my mutha fucking keys.
10. Run around frantically looking for my keys for 20 minutes.
11. I found them right next to Kennen's shoes. I'm smrt.

60 minutes later, we finally drove off to Hobby Lobby to buy bow supplies. I have nice friends though and they forgave me for being the asshole of the day. Thanks ladies!

I spend a total of $25 on ribbons, clips and 1/4 inch dowels. I ended up making 18 bows total and I think I have found my new hobby. Heck I might even start selling them on ebay! We shall see!

Wanna see what I made?

Pink and Brown zebra...

Pink dragonfly:

Big 'Mod' patterned bow...kinda crooked but still cute:

Sweet and simple pink:

Big.Texas.Bow:

Another Big.Texas.Bow...this is my personal favorite:

Itty bitty ones for ponytails:

Pink mum with a gingerbread man:

Yee Haw! I could save this one for Rodeo Day at school...or I could use it any old day because I live in Texas:

Itty bitty piggy tail corkers:

They are so cheap to make and I really like doing it. It sounds like a possibility for some extra $$. At least enough to fund my nightly glass of wine. But I would love to be able to pay for my truck payment with this. We shall see...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are really cute bows!! :D I really like the zebra ones, personally...you did a really good job! :D

Anonymous said...

The wife did that for a while... made bows to match Gymboree clothes and sold them online. What a racket. Of course I loved the extra money.

MommyStamper said...

I love your bows. My personal favorite it the mum with the gingerbread man:)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic bows! You could definitely sell these :)

Sloane said...

Uh-oh, I think you are giving Holly a run for her money. Please don't sell your bows. Then I will have to buy them for my niece because they are so cute and I will be even poorer.

And especially not the pink dragonfly in other colors. ;)

Angela said...

Fun! Good job they turned out great!!!! Are bows the new pink?

Unknown said...

bows bows bows....

I LOVE them.....

My fave is the zebra with the loops! I also like the loopy one that you don't even have on here.

I want to buy more ribbon but....I know I need to pack and etc. and if I buy more ribbon I will not pack and clean my house!

rage said...

Dude, you could so sell those on eBay!

Post a Comment