Friday, March 28, 2008

Zoo

Yesterday I was a chaperon at Kimberly's field trip to the zoo. I use 'chaperon' lightly because in our school, parent involvement is very high. There were about 14 parents that volunteered to keep track of 23 or so kids. Because that's how we roll in the land of suburban bliss.

I was only in charge of Kimberly and one of her little friends. I must say that is was so much fun! The child I was assigned to was such a sweetie and I'm so glad that Kimmy and I got to spend the day with her. I made the girls hold hands because it was easier to keep track of one moving target versus two. They were so darn cute! They held hands and skipped everywhere. I'm proud to say that it worked because I didn't lose a kid. :D

I am proud of myself for actually letting her get on the bus and drive across town...on 3 different freeways...in a bus...with no seatbelt. I can't imagine not being there to chaperon though. I trust the teachers, I mostly trust the bus drivers, but I wouldn't trust another parent to make sure she didn't get lost. Is that awful? I know i have issues and irrational fears that the big bad world is going to swallow up my loved ones. My poor kids! They are going to have a crazy lady hovering over them until they are 18...or more like as long as I am breathing.

3 comments:

Genevieve said...

hehe that's not awful at all, that's protective motherly love and they're lucky to be getting so much of it! :)

Unknown said...

Hey I am with you on the trust. Its hard to trust people with your kids.

Angela said...

You just a good mommy.
Here is crazy...I'm so protective of Deuce, i won't let my family drive/walk him anywhere. They are going up north without me in a few weeks and i won't let him go.

Post a Comment