Saturday, March 22, 2008

Party time! Excellent!

Yesterday was Kennens birthday party! We had around 15 kids here and Kennen had so much fun playing with everyone. He is such a little hunny. We didn't to the kiddy pool like we had planned because it was a little chilly out but the kids ran and played and didn't fight...success!

Jeff cooked fajitas and our neighbor Mr. Brazil spent the time fervently crushing limes and ice for capirhinas (or however the fuck you spell it!). Those are d.a.n.g.e.r.o.u.s. I had half of one and I could feel myself getting inappropriately buzzed for my sons 3rd birthday party. I put it down and switched to wine. :D

Wine is much better for my image as a stay at home suburban Mom. Wine is the drink of choice amongst the ladies of master planned community's. It is our indulgence. Our dirty little secret. Our soft place to fall at the end of the day. Is 2 o'clock too early to drink wine? Yes, too early. How about 4 o'clock. Probably still too early. No, 6 o'clock is an appropriate hour...while cooking dinner...splashing a little into the beef gravy like Julia Child. She was a classy drunk.

pictures of the party coming later! :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Party Time! Exellent!" Excellent Waynes World tribue btw.

Tell us more about your sons 3rd Birthday not an accolade to booze........ ;)

Mrstx said...

I know! I'm not sure what happened! The lush in me took over and hijacked my happy Mommy post!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Little Dude.

Post a Comment