Sunday, March 9, 2008

Stressed out week!

Jeff just got home at 7:00am yesterday from his business trip to Brazil. I am so relieved but I have exhausted myself this week by being worried, stressed, and sad all while keeping a happy face on for my kids.

I really don't mind when Jeff travels...I actually think it adds a little something to our relationship. The whole being apart for 2 days and missing each other and then being happy when he comes home keeps things every so slightly spicy.

The longer international trips are rough. They quickly turn from 'spicy' to 'tumultuous'. He has his blackberry so I should be able to talk to him when I need to, right? But, him going out on the town in Campinas with his boss and not having cell phone reception (which means he didn't answer my 50 frantic phone calls...give or take) and then finally calling me at midnight and telling me to chill out does a number on my nervous system. I know I need to deal with my anxiety but he needs to not be a cruel prick and leave me hanging by a thread. That's all I'm going to say about that.

The rest of his trip, he focused on work and said sorry he was an idiot for not calling me and he didn't think it would be such a big deal to me, blah blah blah. He flew from Campinas to Rio and and finished up his work for the week and flew home Saturday night. I'm so glad he is home. This is where I need him to be and his travel is affecting me so much that I just want him to get a new job. But then I think that I only have to suffer for 2 weeks a year and the rest of the time, things are fine. I'm so frustrated. And mad. Really fucking pissed off actually and that is rare for me to stay mad longer than 15 minutes. Something has to give.

5 comments:

~Penny~ said...

If Cakes travelled, I would completely freak. So kudos for you for handeling it so well.

It must get really old, FAST! But 2 weeks isn't so bad if the rest of the time is ok?

At least the sex is spicy when he returns ;)

Unknown said...

Oh I so feel the business trip pain. Dave is forever telling me he will call when out of town and then "forgetting" to. I stopped that in its track though when once while still out of my mind with post partum I managed to track his ass down to an Irish pub in Kansas City. Instead of being impressed with my detective skills he was pissed, but he always calls now LOL.

Anonymous said...

I've been married over 17 years and my husband hasn't traveled very often. However, he does work both Sat/Sun from 10-7 and that is really hard for people who aren't used to it. It's been this way forever so me & the kids just do our own thing (for the most part). Next time he is out of town, just plan things with your girlfriends, read some books, put kids to bed extra early, drink a bottle of wine, get a babysitter for a girls night out at the wine bar and/or create a fun week to keep you occupied. Like someone said above, it sounds like it doesn't happen often and the reward for getting through the week is hot, steamy sex! If he changed jobs you might miss his traveling - haha

Unknown said...

Dave is in St Louis this week. He told me last night about a Waffle House near the hotel so I know where to start looking if I can't find him or he doesn't call me lol.

Mrstx said...

LMAO!

Post a Comment