Wednesday, March 5, 2008

winter doldrums be gone!

The sun has been shining. The mornings are starting to feel fresh and new with the sun coming up earlier and earlier. Our grass is turning green again, and our trees and shrubs are sprouting bright green shoots and leaves. I love the springtime. It's as if we get to see the earth wake up from a deep cold sleep and it makes me feel re energized and motivated.

I am craving change. I filled out an application to go back to school in the fall. It feels like a very large and very intimidating step for me. I am going to take it very slow by toeing the water and seeing how it feels with 6 credit hours to start with. I am still not going to graduate until Kennen is well into grade school and I'm okay with that. I would just like to be on my way to graduating by the time he starts school. I'm excited. :D I have a lot of extra time on my hands as the kids are getting older. Since Jeff and I are too chicken to have another baby, this will become my new obsession. It's cool because now I don't have to find out what a third baby will do to my body. Aw, no more babies still makes me sad I must admit. Gosh, I can't believe how quickly the whole 'new' Mommy stage went by. I have kids! Not babies! Weird! Sad! Exciting! Yeehaw!

Speaking of change...I painted my kitchen. It's Sanderling by sherwin williams, which basically is a mushroom color leaning toward the gray color pallet. This is good because we have western exposure in my kitchen and I'm really sick of 'hot' looking colors. It's tranquil and sophisticated. Happy girl I am. Oh! When I was at the store yesterday, I asked them for a satin finish and they gave me flat paint. It's fine and I actually prefer the way flat paint looks and I'm not going to paint it again, but do you think I could go in and bitch about it and get a free gallon of paint? They only charged me the price of the flat paint but I didn't check my order before I left. I have a hard time being a bitch, so i don't know if I can do it.

p.s. I will post pictures of my kitchen once I finish touching it up, wash my dishes, and put the switch plates back on.

p.s.s. My friends Kempy is having a girl! Just as I predicted...damn I'm good! Congrats!

p.s.s.s. Kennen was walking around this morning and said, "Poot (pronounced Poo-Tuh) Poot. I was wondering what he was talking about, but I was too busy to ask him because I had to get Kim ready for school A minute later I walked by the bathroom and Kennen was sitting on the toilet, he pointed a tiny finger to his chest and said, "I pooting Mommy!" That boy cracks me up!

4 comments:

Keikicakes said...

Congratulations on deciding to go to school! Don't worry about how long it takes...my mom took 12 years...she started when I was in preschool. She then went on to get her Masters and graduated before I graduated from high school.

Which reminds me...I need to finish my Masters Degree...just twelve credits short.

PCS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Penny~ said...

I think it is awesome that you are going back to school. My sister is completing her Undergrad and she just turned 39. She had kids and the whole nine and put herself second but now that the kids need her less (except to drive them back and forth to practice, cheerleading, etc) she is graduating in June to be a teacher!

Happy for you it will be a great accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on deciding to go back to school. What a great idea. Don't be intimidating, you will be great. Plus it is a lot easier taking the classes when your older. All that extra expierence that we have since being 20 really helps. Good for you and what a good example to set for your kids. What kind of degree are you interested in?

Post a Comment