Monday, June 22, 2009

Yesterday...

I turned 30! Goodbye twenties. I'm officially old.

I woke up to Kimberly gently shaking me awake. She had set a fresh hot cup of coffee on my nightstand and when I opened my eyes she smiled sweetly and said, "Happy Birthday Mommy!"

Then she brought me the presents she made. It was 30 pages of water color paintings she made for me. There were butterflies, fish, thumbprint people, and pictures of a big fat me wearing a big fat dress 'because you are pregnant Mommy'! She had been working on her paintings all week and I have been banished from my dining room because she wanted me to be surprised. I knew she had been painting...but Jeff didn't apparently. One day he came home from work and went to the dining room to admire Kim's creations when I suddenly heard screams and, "No Daddy! That's paint water!" Oh yeah...he chugged down a huge glass of kool aid colored swill. I told him not to worry...it was probably non toxic. :D

Anyway, Jeff came home from fishing at 8:00am with donuts. Score! I ate one and was done. I can't eat much sugar in the morning when I'm pregnant. I don't know why but it makes me feel very very sick. Weellllll, then Kim brought me a donut and said, 'happy birthday mommy.'. To be nice, I ate it. Then Kennen brought me the most frosted, sprinklyest donut and said, "Bappy Birthday Mommy!' Ugh. I was already feeling sick so I told him 'no thanks buddy, I'm full'. Then he hung his little head and his bottom lip stuck out and started to quiver. So I said, "Wait, does that have sprinkles???? Thanks...my favorite!" Then I ate the damn donut while he gleefully sat next to me swinging his little legs and chattering away happily. Then I tried not to barf and I fell into a sugar coma...nap #1 of the day.

I woke up and went swimming, came home and napped. Woke up, ate spaghetti, layed back down and napped. 3 naps in one day makes a pregnant girl very happy. Jeff asked me, "So is this the crazy celebration you expected for your 30th birthday?" Ha ha, that would be a negative ghostrider. When I was younger and 30 was old, I always expected to compensate for the dissapointment of stepping into my 30's by partying like a rockstar. I thought I would probably fly to Vegas with some girlfriends or something like that. I didn't expect that I would be so...content. And rotund. With so many kids. And a house in the burbs with a dog. 30 feels good...like an accomplishment.

Oh! The best part is that Jeff got me a gift card for a day at the spa! I've been trying to decide what to have done! Should I focus on my face and get microdermabrasion and zapped with a lazer to take care of the broken capillaries on my cheeks? Or should I wait until I have the baby and do the sauna, body wrap, massage thing. Or should I get my whole body waxed? Honestly I can't even see my vahoo anymore past my belly so I am shaving by braille. That pretty much spells d.a.n.g.e.r. I could also focus on cutting my hair and getting my nails done. Hmmmm...decsions decisions.

6 comments:

Jadeny said...

Happy birthday!

Sloane said...

Welcome to the 30 club. Sounds like you had a perfect day. Happy Birthday!

~Penny~ said...

Happy Birthday girl!

30 is a big one and I am wondering how I will fair in a couple of months. Like you, I thought I would ring it in with a shitload of girlfriends and dancing on bars.

I think I am going to settle for a BBQ with my family and friends:)

Keikicakes said...

I say use it was pretty toenails! When your feet are up in the stirups...it's always nice to see them so pretty. Always...my necessity before I have my kids.

a pregnancy massage is great too.

then after...getting your hair and nails done would be nice too.

tell Jeff that you need more than one gift card =)!

Anonymous said...

30 is good! I survived and I'm 31 and I'm comfy with it :-)
Love ya! Melissa

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday!! ;D So I say you go, get a pedicure, then tell Jeff that you made an appt for after you have the baby to get a massage and haircut....because you're gonna need a day to yourself after Griffin is born....just an afternoon off, and what better way to spend it than at the SPA!!!

I SO know what you're going through with the sugar.....I can't eat more than two teaspoons of sugar in my alotted 8oz of coffee, or I'll be nauseous all day...no throwing up, just miserable.....and they say to ease it you should suck on some candy...uh...doesn't help me!! LOL :D

Post a Comment