Monday, June 8, 2009

choosing my battles

A few weeks ago I bought Kimberly a lot off clothes off ebay. I cleaned out her closet of everything that doesn't fit and pretty much all we were left with was the new stuff I got on ebay. I washed and hung each outfit together so that she could easily and quickly dress into a cute and matching outfit.

My plan failed. She keeps wearing the same 2 skirts over and over again with any fugly top she can find. This morning she is wearing a pink/white checked skirt with a red 4th of July shirt from Old Navy. What the hell? I'm trying not to come out of my skin and yell at her for something that really doesn't matter. Is it too much to ask to expect her to at least match her clothes? Damn!

*vent over*

6 comments:

~Penny~ said...

I have to say, my biggest pet peeve is when I see kids and their clothes don't match. I mean I realize that it is not always feasible and that parents have to choose their battles but....

*sigh* I hear you sista!

PCS said...

ooo my god! I've missed so much! Your belly is so big already! Have You decided on a name yet?
I'll ready your other blogs to find out...

xoxo

kat said...

She just may not be into clothes that much?

In which case, you'll probably have to match for her until peer pressure forces her into it.

Other than that, maybe she's just an individual and that's pretty cool.

Cinnie1016 said...

Lay out a couple of choices for her and tell her to pick from what you selected. That will end the mismatching. If she's going to be home all day, let her pick out what she wants to wear, then she will still feel she has some control over her decisions, I mean if she doesn't match does it really matter if your only going to be home anyway and no one but you will see her?

Mrstx said...

I actually went through her closet and hung outfits on the same hanger! I told her that she can have her choice of any of the outfits and that it will be faster and easier to get dressed now because they are all organized. It doesn't stop her from mixing it up though.

Unknown said...

haha that's cute though. My friend has a 6 year old and on days that she dresses herself she gives her this button to wear that says "I dressed myself today"

And it's for 2 reasons....1, so the teacher can say "wow, you did a good job" and 2, so the other mothers won't look at her and be like "what in the world was her mom thinking, dressing her like that?"

That's def something I'm going to do when my girl gets old enough!

Post a Comment