Wednesday, June 10, 2009

And my stupid dog didn't even bark!

There have been a string of break ins lately in and around my neighborhood. Last night, my neighbor that is 2 houses down from me had his car broken into, his stereo and other things stolen! 2 houses away! Spooky!

Now I am all paranoid. I am locking myself inside whenever I am home and I am nervous to let my kids play in the back yard. Can you imagine the nerve of some people? I hope it is just highschool kids and not real gun toting criminals. At least it wasn't a home invasion on my street. There was one in our community a few weeks ago. That would really scare me because honestly, we don't have anything worth stealing. I don't keep cash at home. I don't own a flat screen, a dvd player or anything else cool. If someone breaks in and demands everything of value, what do I hand over? My laptop? My basketful of clothes I am trying to sell on ebay? Uhhhh, my Wii? That is pretty much all i have worth stealing.

I do have a shotgun. Not that I am keen on shooting anyone, but hopefully if I am put in a bad situation, just me pumping the gun will cause someone to second guess hanging around in my house to see if I will really shoot or not.

Sign...gone are the days when the worst thing to happen in this neighborhood and me and my neighbors...and our 'excessive partying'.

6 comments:

~Penny~ said...

What is Texas turning into NY??

THere is no doubt in my mind, I would pull a trigger of our gun here in my house!

Get your shotgun out.

PS....my dog doesn't bark either.....aren't German Shepherds suppose to be natural guard dogs??

tara said...

was it steve's house or on the other side of David and Min?

Mrstx said...

Min and Sun's house...right across from Laura!

Keikicakes said...

notice how we party less and the crime goes up. They thought we were bringing down the community when in fact we were keeping the neighborhood in control. We were always on the street so no one had a chance to steal, throw garbage into a car and newspaper cars.

Mrstx said...

KK! You are so totally right! We take our parties inside and to the backyard and the deviants take advantage!

We need to put Clay out front in a camping chair with his red cup-o-vodka so he can yell, "Slow down asshole!" to all the speeding cars. Gotta love my favorite Hillbilly!

LMAO, do you think we could convince the HOA that our late night drunkfest on the sidewalk is really just an organized neighborhood watch?

Unknown said...

my husband has like 8 guns and one of them is a shotgun. He's showed me how to load it any everything but I know that if I just stand at the end of the hallway and cock the motherf***er whoever is in my house will stop in thier tracks. I'll just be like "you wanna try me and see if it's loaded? You feeling lucky!?" haha

Post a Comment