Wednesday, June 24, 2009

cluck

I think this means I'm nesting.

I have been systematically tearing my house apart and putting it back together again. I lay awake at night in bed wondering exactly what the hell is lurking under my kids beds or in my closets. It makes my skin crawl. I must purge it all out! For those of you that know me...this is totally freakish behavior on my part! 'Cleaning' for me means that I do the 5pm hustle where I scurry around and clean up before Jeff walks in the door. I have also learned to delegate jobs to my kids. for example, they empty the dishwasher, dust, and make all the beds. Years of the 5pm hustle have led to cabinets and cupboards that really have no organization. My silverware drawer has a divider in it for spoons, forks etc but I just throw them all in. It's all about speed with the 5pm hustle! It's all smoke and mirrors. Jeff might walk into what feels like a shiny peaceful place but the truth is that there is chaos just below the surface. Or just under the bed. Or just behind the pantry door. Chaos people!

In 7 weeks I am bringing something perfect and pure into my house. A primal force is ordering me to create a perfect place for him. I must obey.

5 comments:

Jadeny said...

I can't believe how fast this is going!!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...my husband gets kinda worried when I start to deep clean my house...lol...not just the normal pickup and all that...I'm talking, looking through the cupboards, organizing everything, and re-folding the sheets and towels in the linen closet.....I feel ya! :D

AZ Larsens said...

Yay for nesting! Ah nesting...I clearly remember scrubbing my baseboards while I was 38 weeks pregnant. And cleaning my kitchen floor with a magic eraser the day before I gave birth. MUST CLEAN MUST CLEAN!! It's so weird isn't it? lol

Anonymous said...

See this is the nature vs nurture debate...

You say it'll be perfect and pure... So I guess you're siding on the side of nurture... IE you'll be the one to corrupt it rather than it being born corrupted because its mom is corrupted. ;)

Weekends Off said...

Ahh, nesting. I distinctly remember a great need for the wood floors in our house to shine. I had cleaned everything else more than once LOL. I spent the day before I had my son on my hands and knees with a chamois and a bottle of lemon oil buffing the floors.

Post a Comment