Tuesday, March 17, 2009

*cry

I just looked back at my blog archives at my 5 week and 6 week tummy. I miss it and I think I am going to cry now.

The other day I was shopping with my friends and taking advantage of a 30% off coupon at Old Navy. Yep, Old Navy...i'm big time. I was contemplating buying this white top in size XXL. I tried it on and I was swimming in it, but it has that flowy peasant top feel so I could get away with wearing it now. I was thinking of putting it back and my friend Laura gently said, "Remember that you are going to get bigger than you can even imagine right now." Then she laughed as she recounted thinking that she bought a shirt that was big enough...only to outgrow it before her due date. OMFG I am going to be as big as a house. In the summer. Oh, and I'm over six feet tall.

Have you ever seen that movie, Deuce Bigelow, male gigilo? All I can think of is, "That's a huge bitch!"

sigh. I wonder what this pregnancy will do to my body.

6 comments:

EJ said...

haha As superficial as I'm about to sound - At least you have an excuse to buy an XXL...

Also what about Kalin? Is that too girly? One of the actors from The Watchmen has a son named Kalin. I think its cute.

Mrstx said...

I like Kalin actually. I know a lady that named her son that. It rhymes with Kennen though so I dunno.

Unknown said...

That's actually one that I threw out there for you on one of your previous posts, except that I spelled it Kalon. I think that spelling it with an 'O' makes it a little more guy friendly =^)

Oh and I know what you mean about the size factor. I'm 39 weeks prego now and I hate leaving my home because I look like a damn whale! haha

boonedoggie said...

OMG Stella! I love your blog. You are so funny it makes me want to move back to Houston and stalk you until you become my best friend! LOL
I like all the baby names your playing around with also. Owen reminds me of a girl b\c I have a friend who named her daughter that.. it's totally a boy name though, she just wanted to be different.

Oh yeah, and I seriously doubt you will have any trouble getting right back into your skinny jeans after the baby. Live it up now while you have a good excuse! :-)

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I adored being pregnant as it was the only time I ever felt secure about not having a flat tummy. I totally LOVED wearing a swimsuit! My mindset was "Ha! I have a REASON for my fat ass! What's yours?"

Of course, that negative attitude has bitten my behind as my butt hasn't looked the same since...

Mrstx said...

Boondoggie! How are you?? Can you invite me to read your blog? my email is stellatrippedandfell@gmail.com

Post a Comment