Friday, September 5, 2008

A very important date!

Last week Jeff took a half a day off work, we found a babysitter and we had a date! Can you believe it? A DATE! Woo hoo!

We got ready together, flossed together, brushed together and got in the truck and had to hurry to not be late for our reservations...at the dentist! Did you know that dentists take couples? Yeah me neither. When I called the office to make appointments for both of us, the receptionist said that we could come in together. "Couples do it all the time." Wow. Who knew?

We were in rooms side by side and it actually was pretty fun because we were talking through the walls to each other. When the dentist came into my room I told her that just sitting in the dentist chair makes me nervous. That's when Jeff yelled out, "I'm here for you baby!" Me and the dentist were cracking up.

Guess who had more cavities? That would be me. I have 7 and Jeff only has 1! I call bullshit on that. I've seen the man brush his teeth. His technique is not so much about taking time to brush the scuzz off and but more about speed. And...AND my gums are in rough shape too. She did the stabby test where she check how deep she can sink her metal spikey thing into my gums and I have mostly 3's and 4's and even a couple of 5's. Time to start flossing I suppose!

After I was done with my cleaning, I heard Jeff try to ask the dentist how many cavities I had. She told him he had to ask me himself! After he was done we went to the receptionist to schedule our fillings and Jeff gave me so much shit for my 7 cavities! I told him he needs to shut his pie hole. Our dentist vouched for me and said that birthing his little ankle biters probably contributed to my cavity prone teeth.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you liked the dentist??? Hmm. LOL

So you have one less cavity than I had. I had 8. I have now had 3 filled (two on the first visit and one on this last visit) and have 5 more to go. Yippe. Go me!!

I guess they can't do all of them at once because it will overdose me on the numbing drugs they inject.

I got Bell's Palsy-like facial expressions last time because she had to numb me twice since she hit a nerve the first time she thought I was numb enough. UGH!

AZ Larsens said...

Oh it's totally true about pregnancy jacking up your teeth. It mostly jacked up my gums. They say something every time I go in.

~Penny~ said...

My sisters teeth got really weird clacium spots on them when she was preganant.

Oh god, if that happens then I am going to cry. I love my teeth. And I hate the dentist.

In college I was so scared I was going to chip one with a beer bottle. My worst fear!!

Angela said...

I use to love going to the denist until i started getting cavities. I had 3's and 4's last year and they did this scaling thing on my bad areas. It was horrible but i now only have 1's and 2's.

Post a Comment