Thursday, September 4, 2008

Use it or lose it!

That is how I feel about writing lately. Totally uninspired and when I do try to blog, it's dull dull dull.

Where is the witty banter that my fingers are usually posessed with? Writing just feels so forced. I guess because I have been neglecting my writing self. I am forcing myself to blog today and you, my few faithful readers, will have to endure a few shitty posts until I get my mojo back.

This morning was picture day and I had the best little Janie and Jack outfit picked out and ready to go. The only problem is that Kimberly had a major aversion to 'green'. "Green is not my thing Mom"

WTF? It was a pink top with a few green stripes and after I wrestled her into it, she slumped her shoulders and cried. Damnit. We rummaged through her closet and found a shirt that was acceptable to both of us and I angrily was steaming it in the bedroom. Jeff was still in bed listening to Kim and I argue and I said,

"Ask Daddy if he thinks what I picked out is cute or not." This is where he rolled over and said, "I'm just going to stay out of it..." then 10 seconds later he was 'snoring again.' Kimmy and I kept snipping back and forth at each other over how horrible/lovely the color green is. I said, "You don't have to wear it today for pictures, but you are definitely wearing it tomorrow!" Kimmy groaned, rolled her eyes and said "FINE!". Then Jeff started laughing. Aha! I knew he was fake sleeping. What a turd.

3 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I am NOT looking forward to wardrobe conflicts. The boys have always worn whatever I throw at them and Corinne seems to be pretty content, too (as long as she gets pretty stuff and dresses regularly).

Keikicakes said...

I've been missing your blog writing so get your mojo back soon.

By the way....did you listen to Palin's speech last night! I loved how she said "you know what the difference between hokey moms and bulldogs...they wear lipstick."

The whole wardrobe thing sucks...M has it at 3 yrs old...I can just imagine what she will be like at 5!

I'm sure her pics will come out cute...no matter what she wore! Doesn't Kim know that green is the new pink!

Genevieve said...

hahahah frustrating but your little Kimmy is undeniably cute. Also hearing you on the whole blogging thing. Some days it feels like mystical fairy word dust trickles out, then if I try to put it on hold its like expired, mouldy molasses. Damn.

Post a Comment