Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fishing

Jeff and I took the kids fishing last night. Fishing is his passion and from a young age he taught them how to cast their own line out into the water. They practice in the front yard...at passing cars.

Here is my sweet boy, concentrating hard...and he has not yet realized that he has no hook on his pole. (c'mon are we really going to give a 3 year old a hook to swing around? We don't do that until they are 4!)


Kimberly is all business...I think she has my nose...

Or maybe like the rest of her face...she has her fathers nose.

All that I know for certain is that she doesn't have her front tooth...but she did catch her very own baby bass.

Since nobody takes pictures of me, I have to take them myself. I call this one..."Girl enduring mosquito bites for the sake of good clean family fun."

I call this one "Nose."

Jeff always lets the kids reel in the fish after he sets the hook. This is Kennen's catch of the day. Despite the look of disgust on his face, he was smiling and saying, "Cheese!"

By this time Kimberly had abandoned fishing for her new little friend. Mr. Turtle.

And this was about the time that Kennen realized that he didn't have a hook on his fishing pole. I told him to get up and keep fishing and he replied with, "I can't...I don't have hook!"

5 comments:

Shasta said...

Adorable little fisherman you have there and I hear you on the picture thing. No one ever takes pics of me, I'm always the one behind the camera. I've started making someone take at least one pic of me when we're out somewhere, just to prove that I was there too.

~Penny~ said...

I think she may be a mini you. Def. with your nose!

I am always obsessed with noses because I feel like mine is a bit on the big side. It may not look that way in pics but in real life...you can ask Sloane. She told me I should get a nose job and I told Cakes that the first night I met him.

He and his family have perfect noses. I hope if we ever have kids they get his nose.

I am working on 3 hours of sleep. I am exhausted and appearently not making much sense!

**Liz** said...

Very cute pictures.

I completely get the whole picture thing. I get left out a lot of pictures because I always have to take them.

EJ said...

too cute!!!

Keikicakes said...

kimmie may have Jeff's face but she sure has your body!

I love the pic of Kennan on the ground and Kimmie with the turtle is SO her!

How fun! Thanks for letting me hang out at your place yesterday and getting me addicted to Mario...now I want a wii!

Post a Comment