Sunday, September 14, 2008

Electricity is Awesome and some awesome parenting!

Friday we had a proper hurricane party with the neighbors. We made our master bedroom into 'The Saferoom' by boarding up the windows with plywood. I tucked the kids into my bed and then proceeded to go outside in the wind and get drunk off my ass! Smart, right? I think it was just a coping mechanism for dealing with the hurricane. I puked in the street and my 15 year old neighbor walked me home. Apparently I babbled on about how she should never drink and after she deposited me into my house, I smiled and said, "Happy Hurricane!" Then I curled up with my kids and passed out.

Jeff was full of even more drunk awesomeness! After I went home, my neighbors watched him follow me inside 2 minutes later. The party was over, the wind was picking up, and all the families went into their own houses to hunker down for the storm. This was around 10pm. Over the next 3 hourse Jeff went on a little adventure. He was still ready to party apparently. His wife, who is usually the voice of reason, was passed out so he was free to wander the neighborhood in search of more fun. He doesn't remember being out at all during these 3 hours but various neighbors vouched for good time guy. We were told that he puked in one friends yard, he snoozed in another friends yard, and then he knocked on the door at 1:30 in the morning at another friends door 'to see how they were doing.' Rick was still awake and so he stood outside and hung out with Jeff and laughed when Jeffs hat blew away. I'm so glad this was Jeff's last stop because Rick is responsible and I'm sure he told Jeff to go home before he blew away.

I woke up at 3:00am to the howling wind. Kennen was up with me and he was my little buddy. We ate a bowl of cereal together and looked at the storm on tv. I saw Jeff sleeping on the couch and I covered him with a blanket...having no idea that he probably had just gotten home. He is such a shithead...but he's my shithead. The power went out at 3:30 and Kennen and I cuddled up. He kept murmuring, "it's wowd!" "it's dart!" "Mommy, big hur-wa-cane" "it's big, not tiny" goodness I love that boy. Kimberly slept through the entire thing!

We were lucky enough for our power to turn back on at around 12:00 noon the next day so that is only about 9 hours without power. I feel bad because there are many parts of Houston that are still without electricity. Once the power turned back on Kimberly was flipping through the channels on the tv and she said, "Electricity is Awesome!"

The End.

2 comments:

AZ Larsens said...

I was wondering how you guys fared! Glad everything is okay with you guys...and that you enjoyed yourselves...lol!

rage said...

Glad that you got your drink on! Happy Hurricane!

Post a Comment