Monday, August 4, 2008

Still in Texas...

...but just barely! I had the kids in truck and we were out of the driveway by 7:30am, and 10 1/2 hours later I'm still in Texas. I'm in El Paso which is the crotchety junction where Juarez, Mexico...The border of New Mexico, and Texas all meet.

Despite the crotchety location of El Paso...it's actually quite a nice little city. Well the western end of it is. Lots of nice restaurants and shopping centers. The eastern part has a nice view of Mexico...shanty towns and all. Oh, and it also has a great view of the ever popular and ever poisonous Asarco.

I talked to my in laws this evening and told them that I will call and tell them when I leave in the morning. I said, "It just depends on what time we finish breakfast in the morning."

They said, "That's great that they have a free continental breakfast!"

I said, "Oh well we are going out to breakfast somewhere else but I will let you know when we are on our way."

They said, "Oh well you could just eat the free continental breakfast in the hotel. They probably have waffles!"

I said, "Well I like to be served sometimes and I'm on vacation so I'll just go out somewhere else tomorrow morning. But I will call when I am on my way."

They said, "Oh well...the continental breakfast is free..."

I said, "okayigottagobye!"

OMFGMFMFMFMFFFFFFG! (yes, every 'F' means FUCK!) They drive me nuts. This is why I am only spending 3 days with them even though I will be in Phoenix for 14 days. I will eat breakfast where I want to, thank you very much. And Kimberly requested Cracker Barrel...who am i to say no?

______________________________________________________________

All the anger is above the line. Down here, below the line is excitement! I will see my old friends. Today when I was driving, it rained. The smell was so fresh and amazing. Nothing like the humid city of Houston that I live in. When it rains there it just smells like swamp. I love the desert.

I will see my Mama. My cousin. My brother and be there for my nieces first birthday party. She is the most beautiful baby ever by the way. I am a very proud Auntie. Tomorrow I will be in AZ...home...hooray!

6 comments:

Angela said...

Yea, I cannot wait to see you. I think this is the longest I've ever gone without seeing you (sniff). I also cannot believe that Steves daughter is already going to be 1 - wow, that went by fast. Drive safe and enjoy your breakfeast tomorrow morning (wth - a continetal breakfeast is gross I'm with you on the going to get it).

Mrstx said...

Amen Angela! Continental breakfast is gross. All those people touching the muffins and the nasty watered down coffee. Cracker Barrel please!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Sooooo....? DID you eat the fabulous continental breakfast, or what? It's FREE, did you know!?!

Unknown said...

Hey, the continental breakfast is free.

I hate driving through Texas, it is hell on earth, especially if you are on I-10. I was almost killed by a giant tumble weed there ya know.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're blogging while away!! I was worried I'd have to wait two whole weeks before I got to read an update!!

You're so BRAVE to drive from Texas to Arizona. I just admire the hell out of you! :)

And... do your in laws read your blog? I thought, geeze, she's either really gutsy to write stuff they'll read, really desperate for them to read it and GET A CLUE, or she totally doesn't care! LOL

AZ Larsens said...

You are my hero. Driving from TX to AZ, alone, with 2 kids? I about died on an 11 hour drive with my 3 boys... Thank goodness for portable DVD players. Even then, my ears are still ringing from the screaming/fighting.

Have fun in AZ! It's hella hot & humid right now...

Post a Comment