Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I'm a jerk

Like you know when you like never cry? And then you drive 10 hours, stress out about your husband that is drunk in a bar in Alaska, sleep for 3 hours, and then drive for 8 more hours? And you start your period that day plus realize that you have forgotten your Lexapro and it has been 2 days without happy pills? And also lets just throw in the 4 am IBS.

So you know when your Mom gets on the phone and you say, "Oh yeah...everthing's great!" But she knows you too well so she starts to pry and then she, "Poor baby's" you and you are reduced to a blubbering mess?

Yeah...that was my day. The only thing was that my sobbing started and once I got to my in laws house...and i.could.not.make.it.stop. How embarassing. This is when they are so great to me and cheer me up. Just like a real family. So maybe I bitch about them just like a real family too. I'm sorry in laws. I know you never (nor will you ever!) read my blog but if you do I love you and I know i'm a bitch. And you love me anyway...so thank you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

In laws have a tendency to be like that... well except my mom. She's not. She just doesn't like anyone... us kids included... My dad on the other hand... he's pretty cool to the wife.

Anyways... sorry you're having a rough time hon... but I'm glad you've got some support.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

In laws are tricky because they're family, but no the type of family you grew up being used to. There is an expectation on both sides of the relationship and RARELY is the daughter-in-law or mother-in-law exactly what either pictured as ideal. Not that you're not fabulous. Just that she probably pictured her future DIL as being someone who would be like Her!

Now that I have sons, I am so grateful for the good example that my own mother in law has set. She is truly involved in our lives, but understands that they ARE, in fact, OUR lives.

Hope to be like that when my boys marry. Of course, MY DIL'S will be just like me, so we'll get along fine... :)

**Liz** said...

It's not my mother in law I have to look out for I love her to death!), but it is my grandmother in law that will be the death of me.

According to my husband, she cooks food better than me, she does everything better than me, and she hates me. Has said so on occassion.

I hope the trip is going well. I am jealous that you are in AZ and not me. I have tons of family there and I miss my old job there. I don't know if you are going to Phoenix, but yoiu should go to the Paradise Valley Mall, go to the Macy's, and tell them Liz says hi. They will think you are crazy!!

Have Fun!

Hadley said...

Awww...that is sweet. I haven't reached that level of familiarity with my inlaws yet. I am not sure what they would do in that case!

Sympathy from my mom when I am upset always makes me lose it too. I know exactly what you are talking about!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you held it together long enough for your mom to pry. I just hear my moms voice when I am uspet and am reduced to tears. You know how us Cancers are. :)

Kempy

rage said...

Aww that was sweet.

Post a Comment